"This Accesory Is Not Optimized For This Device"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mumty, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Mumty macrumors newbie

I just bought a dock that plays CD's, tapes and iPhone music (3 generations of music, still listen to them all) and charges the iPhone. But when I plug it in, I get the above message and horrible high pitched noises every once in a while.

I told HMV but they wont take it back after 30 days. So I'm stuck with it. Is there any way to stop this high pitched noise? Every when I'm not using it it still makes the noise.

Thanks for the help.

2. saving107, Sep 25, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2011

saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Put your iPhone in Airplane Mode when docked.

The iPhone's radio frequencies don't go well with those speakers, every time you hear that high pitch noise, its your iPhone sending/receiving data from your service provider (all phones do this).

Putting your iPhone in Airplane mode disables all antenna's in your phone so that they won't interfere with your speakers.

3. Merkie macrumors 68020

You have no clue at all, do you?

4. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

If you're going to trash someone's response, shouldn't you at least offer up an explanation of your own?

I saw that message on my iPod touch when using a 3rd party charger/accessory designed for an iPod classic.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

So what's your explanation + solution?

Unless the OP comes back and says something different, from the OP description, it sounds like GSM interference.

6. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

It's a known issue with GSM

7. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

Yeah My Verizon iPhone doesn't do this on my Bose dock or my iHome alarm clock dock.