Hi For the past few weeks I've been getting the "This accessory is not made to work with iPhone" message. At first it happened occasionally, but it's been getting worse - it happens every time I use the iphone, and sucks up battery overnight as it flashes up the message every ten minutes or so. It's now started muting sound when it comes up for ipod usage and everything else. BTW this is when it's not plugged into anything! I've tried gently cleaning the connector and did the hairdryer trick, but no joy. Although it sounds like a clean cut case of repair or replacement, is it? Or will Apple tell me to give it another clean? It's a 2G 8Gb by the way. As for why I can't just pop in to an Apple Store and ask, there isn't one near me, and I've been trying to get home from work early enough to call them without success. So can anyone let me know? Ta!