"This accessory is not made to work with iPhone"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Knowlege Bomb, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I have this message pop up every time I plug it into my car. It's a minor annoyance that I can live with but I was wondering if anybody knows of any way to block it.

I have pop ups blocked with Lockinfo but this one gets past it.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

PopupBlocker will block that accessory warning. I use it to block the accessory warning for my Griffin FM transmitter. Works great.

3. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Great. Which repository hosts it?

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Just search for Popup Blocker in Cydia. I think it's in ModMyi.

5. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Wow, just wow. I really can't believe that I dealt with the whole "tapping 'NO' everytime this annoying error popped up" thing for so long. Thank you so much for the info, I thought the Popup Blocker in Cydia was for something completely different, it's worth the $0.99 moreso than 90% of the garbage in the App Store!

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I completely agree. I was so sick of that warning.

7. tmatthews14 macrumors regular

what do you guys use this for? I mean I downloaded it to try with my car stereo. It's got the hookup for an ipod, but I've always wondered why i couldnt use my iphone. So, I plugged it in once and got the accessory screen. So now the splash screen doesnt come up, but I still cant play my ipod(the app)'s music through my stereo. I can play through dtunes... but the volume is very low.

is there a way to make my iphone work with my ipod hook up?

8. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Yeah, definitely more than worth it.

I forgot to thank you Latinist. I've been loving it.

9. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

This won't make an incompatible accessory work with your phone. It prevents the annoying pop-up message that warns you an accessory might not work or that asks you if you want to put your phone in Airplane Mode to avoid interference that might degrade performance. Often such accessories are perfectly functional or at least partially functional. Frequently they may just have been designed before the iPhone was released or without additional shielding that's part of the standard for iPhone accessories. That's the case for my Griffin iTrip -- works fine, but pops up that warning every time I plug it in.

10. luckyblue macrumors regular

luckyblue

11. hashimhoney macrumors newbie

iphone 2g speaker sometimes stops working

plz help me i have iphone 2g 8gb while using mobile the pop up appears this accessory is not made to work with iphone
    ihave nothing plugged in it
    as this pop up appear the sound from external speaker stop is ipod but it still giving sound in ringer whats the problem
    one more thing as this problem came if i plugged data cable in it ,,,it immediately works fine!!!!!

12. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Sounds like you either have a dirty or broken dock connector. Try blowing it out with some air. If that doesn't work, clean it with something non-corrosive. If it still doesn't work...perhaps it's time for an upgrade; I don't know if it's worth fixing a 2G at this point.