This Accessory May Not be Supported - Charging Problem - iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hefferwolfe, Mar 21, 2015.

1. hefferwolfe macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have been encountering with a charging problem since I updated my iPhone 6`s version from 8.1.2 to 8.1.3 a month ago.

Everytime, when I plug my charger, the phone gives " This accessory may not be supported" error.

I`ve tried every suggestions which were made in the different websites. None of them worked. I have no idea what to do.

My charger is an original Apple charger so it is not an charger problem. I`ve updated my phone to 8.2, it is still giving the same error so it may not be a software issue. So what is the problem?

I would be glad if someone could help me.

Many thanks,

Heffer

2. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

3. hefferwolfe thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I am using the official cable that came out from the box.

When I close my phone, it charges. But when it is opened, it gives me this error message.

4. hefferwolfe thread starter macrumors newbie

5. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

You could try to borrow a genuine cable from someone else, to determine if yours is defective.

6. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

I had this problem. Are you plugging the official cable into your computer/USB or into a wall USB charger? If it's your computer, is it old? It might not be outputting enough power. Definitely try a different cable and see if it happens testing with wall & computer USB.

At the end of the day, Apple had to replace my iPhone 6 but these are the types of things Apple will ask you to troubleshoot before they replace a unit for you.