"This accessory was not made to work with iPhone"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DJCraig, Jun 29, 2008.

1. DJCraig macrumors newbie

I'm having a problem with my iPhone. It started a few days ago when the phone froze a few times in a row and got really hot. I had to do a hard reset each time. I immediately plugged the phone in, and put it over an air vent to cool off. The battery was at 10%. It didn't seem to detect that it was plugged into the wall. I put the phone into air plane mode, then went into my installer app and uninstalled nearly all my apps (except for the ones that contain important data that I really want to keep if possible). I left it on the charger on air plane mode overnight. Now, the phone basically works alright, but it never senses when I plug it into the charger. It will charge, but very slowly, and it never gets more than about 50% charged. It constantly comes up with a notice saying "This accessory was not made to work with iPhone. Would you like to switch to air plane mode to reduce interference?" but I don't have any accessories plugged in. When I plug it into the computer, neither iTunes nor the iPhone detects anything, so I can't just restore it. The only apps I still have installed are Installer, VideoRecorder and iCalls. The icon for Tap Tap Revenge also shows up on my home screen, even though I have uninstalled it.

Any suggestions? TIA!

2. solidgoldmini macrumors regular

I don't know if this would help, but can you put it into DFU mode by:

Step 1. Turn off your iPhone.

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that its in restore mode.

If it works, you may be able to get iTunes to restore it. But it sounds like you may have a hardware issue so it may not help. Worth a shot.