This annoying message keeps showing up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WolfMB2008, Nov 7, 2017.

1. WolfMB2008 macrumors member

WolfMB2008

So I've called thru phone and chatted as well with apple tech about this situation.
    These keeps showing up,

What I've done is nvram reset, reinstalled / clean install high sierra even tried clean install of yosemite/el captain to make sure its not gonna pop up but still does. I even went into safe mode to check if it's there, still is.

I just made an appointment to see the genius bar as well.

But if anyone here can help me and tell me how to get this firmware update fixed, please help me out so it'll save me a lyft trip to the apple store lol thanks

Attached Files:

2. ab298 macrumors member

Has it already been installed, or you know that it's not appropriate for your MBP ?.

3. WolfMB2008 thread starter macrumors member

WolfMB2008

Install what?
    HIGH SIERRA? Yes its been installed and no i don't know aobut those things. I thought maybe downlaoding HIGH SIERRA will fix it? I'm not sure what that firmware is. any idea? how to fix it?

4. treekram macrumors 68000

Post #2 was asking if you installed the Thunderbolt Firmware Update 1.2 - the first screen shot you have is of the App Store updates tab, isn't it?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203758

Do you have any devices connected to your Thunderbolt port? - this is the port which has a thunderbolt graphic next to it. I would guess that the Apple tech referred you to this link or went through the steps contained in it. If he/she didn't, shame on them. If you went through the steps contained in the link above but it doesn't resolve your issue, you might want to try disconnecting any other devices (except the AC cable) and try again. If that doesn't work, it might be an issue with the Thunderbolt chip and a visit to the Apple store is probably in order.

It's interesting that the firmware update dates to 2013 but the link above with the solution dates to Feb. 15 of this year so it may be an issue that only cropped up relatively recently.