this bugs me

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nownot, Dec 11, 2008.

1. nownot macrumors regular

i hate you cant cancel a text message while its sending, i dont know why, i just would like to be able to do it.

2. gixxerredliner macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

Hmmmm

I think copy & paste and MMS are a little further up on the most wanted iphone features. But i feel your pain

3. bwortman macrumors member

bwortman

Yeah that is annoying, but I would like other features added first such as MMS, cut/paste, and video capture

4. unixfool macrumors 6502a

all the more reason to triple check before you send...just like e-mail :)

5. nownot thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i could make a list, but if i had a list this would be on it.

6. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

why did you sent wrong text to the wrong irlfriend? I hate when I do that! :thud::mad:

7. unixfool macrumors 6502a

8. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Proof read. Make sure who you are sending it to. Etc. Can you cancel text messages being sent to other phones?

9. nownot thread starter macrumors regular

nah just misspelled words, or sentences that dont make sense. it all could be avoided with re-reading before i send but i just want to send when im done b/c the keyboard bothers me so much ( whole different story ).

10. nownot thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i had a lg w/ verizon before iphone and you could, just seemed like a nice feature.

11. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I agree with this too... Can't even begin to count how many times I've wished for this feature.

Usually it's just a typing error but I'm sure many people have much better reasons for it.

12. jlwillia macrumors regular

You know what bugs me..... when people use ridiculous titles for a thread they start that tells nothing about the subject.

I'm kidding, I'm not actually that bothered by it, but it does make me laugh. I guess I read this thread simply because I was curious what bugs you. If you had titled the thread "why I can't cancel SMS" or something like that I probably wouldn't have taken the time to read it.

So I guess you were smart in that you probably get more people to read it this way. But did you actually think of that when you created it? That might be giving the typical person too much credit.

And to the point of your thread, I think that is a non-issue. The worst inconvenience that could come from this is that you have to explain to someone you didn't mean to send them the text.

13. gixxerredliner macrumors regular

gixxerredliner

now that i think about it

LMAO at work we have a feature within our work pcs were if you send an email to a person you can retrieve the email as long as the person you sent it to didnt read it. I remember one day my boss walked in and told us some stuff we needed to do, i than wrote a email saying how he needs to be quiet and another few choice words lol.

I than asked my co worker did she recieve it and she said "NO" i than checked who i sent it to and guess what, i sent it to my boss LMAO LMAO LMAO boy i was super scared like oh gosh im going to be freaking fired but i quickly hit the "RETRIEVE EMAIL" and 10 seconds later got a successful response the the email had been retrieved and he had not read it LMAO super lucky

14. nownot thread starter macrumors regular

1) your response is to long, i dont want a book.
    2) you sound like a @$$ with "That might be giving the typical person too much credit. ", just thought i should point that out
    3) thats not the worst, wrong words can turn a sentence around and mean something completely different.
    4) thanks for interacting in the post :)

15. unixfool macrumors 6502a

Its called Recall. We have it, but its a pain in the butt, especially if you send to a very large distro list. We usually end up spamming ourselves and have learned to put up with e-mails that weren't recalled.

That's a funny story, though...

I've done that before, only I didn't have the luck of recalling the e-mail...the e-mails were immediately accessed. Luckily, they weren't to my boss. I had one that was a client, though...LOL

16. jlwillia macrumors regular

Wow, you're a little defensive. I said that might be giving the typical person too much credit because I don't think most people put much thought into the title of their thread. I'm not saying that you didn't. In fact, as I pointed out, your title might indicate you put MORE thought into it. I commend you for that.

Now, if I actually knew you I'd say we should forget about the misunderstanding and we should go get a beer, on me. But I don't, so I owe you a proverbial beer.

17. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Just a thought, I've never tried it, but say you accidently sent a text, can you hop out of the text and swipe and delete before it sends? And if so, would this work?