This cannot be played in HD on this computer.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Elijen, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Elijen, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012

Elijen macrumors 6502

Elijen

Hello,

I am trying to rent a HD (720p) movie from iTunes on my new MBP 13" (2012) but I am getting this strange error: This cannot be played in HD on this computer.

I have found Purchasing and viewing HD videos article and it seems my system meets all requirements to play HD videos from iTunes. I am just not sure about the last point: A display that supports HDCP with a screen resolution of 1280 x 800 or higher.

Does MBP 13" display support HDCP? I rly don't see any reason why it shouldn't. :eek:

Can you play rented HD movies from iTunes on your MBP 13"?

Edit: I just checked if 720p version is selected in playback and automatic download preferences and it is. :-/

Attached Files:

2. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

I'm assuming that the monitor is running at the native (1280x800) resolution. If so, then it sounds like the OS isn't recognizing the monitor properly.

3. Elijen thread starter macrumors 6502

Elijen

Yeah, it would be crazy tu run any different resolution. I didn't have any other problems neither with playing 720p videos from youtube or by VLC player.

Any ideas how to fix it?

4. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

The easiest option would be just to verify your display settings, then reinstall iTunes just in case it's a bad install of the program. Worst-case scenario would be to reinstall the OS in case it's a system-level issue rather than an application-level issue.