This cannot be real

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
raggedjimmi said:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZmanfredhego

Something very fishy. but has had very good feedback so... :confused: my mates just bought one too. I don't even know what else to say!
Fairly sure this is not legit. All the feedback is from Sellers, there is no feedback from buyers. This leads you to beleive that this person has never sold on ebay. To have all these laptops up at once as the first thing you have ever sold is, indeed, fishy.

Someone probably got this person's passwords, hacked into their ebay, changed the bank accounts.

If it is too good to be true, it probably is.

Edit: Well, everyone beat me to it this time. :)

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
uh oh! Looks like those huge rating people who bought from him have all bought $0.01 things

what an advanced scam! I'm actually quite impressed.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
raggedjimmi said:
uh oh! Looks like those huge rating people who bought from him have all bought $0.01 things

what an advanced scam! I'm actually quite impressed.
Nobody bought anything from him...the scammer bought a bunch of $0.01 things in the last couple of days to get a good reputation and test the account.

It's not an advanced scam...it's the most common one out there.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
that's terrible!

i found this one on craigslist. way too good to be true. i emailed with some questions and have yet to receive an anwer (3 days ago now).

http://ottawa.craigslist.org/sys/212609870.html

if that link doesn't work, just go to craigslist.org and go to ottaw and search by G5.

gotta love the 'just come down and see them'

ya right...so i could get mugged....

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Keebler said:
that's terrible!

i found this one on craigslist. way too good to be true. i emailed with some questions and have yet to receive an anwer (3 days ago now).

if that link doesn't work, just go to craigslist.org and go to ottaw and search by G5.

When they don't offer personal pickup you say the seller does not have the item to start with, when they offer inspection and pickup you say they are trying to mug you..... looks like they can't win :rolleyes:

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
generik said:
When they don't offer personal pickup you say the seller does not have the item to start with, when they offer inspection and pickup you say they are trying to mug you..... looks like they can't win :rolleyes:
whoa...when have i said this???

"When they don't offer personal pickup you say the seller does not have the item to start with, "

i don't recall ever saying that....

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
WildCowboy said:
Nobody bought anything from him...the scammer bought a bunch of $0.01 things in the last couple of days to get a good reputation and test the account.

It's not an advanced scam...it's the most common one out there.

Are there people on ebay that sell stuff for 0.01 just for this purpose? I guess if you have it all automated, generating the feedback, etc. You could do a lot of bussiness, maybe make a little money off people that just want to get positive feedback.

Maybe ebay should start weighting feedback based on the purchase price. ha ha

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Keebler said:
that's terrible!

So his whole scam is to put computers on craigslist to get you to show up so he can mug you??

I'd say it could easily be legit. Why don't you go over there? If I were posting that I had two Quads at my place and hey, come on over, I'd be more worried I'D get mugged.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
well my mate did buy one. first time on eBay though. so he deserves to have his money taken away from him because he's new? I don't really see the point here.