Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dukeace2094

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
San Jose, CA
IM not so sure about this but according to a few different websites this is a leaked image of the welcome screen for http://www.apple.com after the tablet is released. Thought I'd ask u guys... :apple:

picture-16.png

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
I'd say it's fake. The perspective of the supposed image doesn't look very Apple, and why the hell would someone take a picture of the screen rather than take a screenshot or save the image? :confused:

robfromabove

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2010
Yeah, you're right, it's not. Remember all the discussion of Apple + Newspaper/Media having talks? Why then, would that result in the Tablet/Slate showcasing the WSJ via Safari? If anything, I anticipate a new App, specifically for news publications.

Oh, and like I've said before. Apple wouldn't be dumb enough to have OS X window controls on a 10" device. Your fingers aren't small enough to accurately close/minimize a window using native OS X window controls.

My $0.02.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Well, im not very good with computer lingo. but wouldnt there be extra text after www.apple.com/ ? the bar on top is the website for the home page.

I dont know though. all I know is the really easy stuff, im trying to learn though.
Nah, that would be the correct URL. Apple often put product placement on the homepage. For example, right now, it's still the iMac. :)

EDIT: Also, I just noticed the & symbol. Apple don't use that. It's always the word 'and'.

Lichter21c

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2010
The frozen tundra
Nah, that would be the correct URL. Apple often put product placement on the homepage. For example, right now, it's still the iMac. :)

EDIT: Also, I just noticed the & symbol. Apple don't use that. It's always the word 'and'.

oo thanks. I wasnt 100% sure on that. thanks for clearing it up for me

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Also the 'Watch the TV Ad' image is of the default Leopard wallpaper, whereas the one displayed on the device itself is of the default Snow Leopard wallpaper.

Edit: beaten to it.

robfromabove

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2010
I also forgot to mention that Apple likes to demo fairly recent movies (such as Star Trek on the iMac), not a movie that came out two years ago now (Wall-E).

shrimpdesign

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2005
Fantasy mockups typically reuse elements from current Apple products; Apple creates something new. Remember all the iPhone mockups that had beefed up iPod interfaces? All wrong. It's a new product, it'll have a new interface.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Yeah right. The Apple tablet, complete with photos and video, was leaked onto the front page of apple.com. :rolleyes:

When one tiny chunk of text with the G5 specs was accidentally posted on the PowerMac G4's page on store.apple.com, it was news on every major tech site on the internet.

If Apple accidentally posted photos and video of their tablet, which has been rumored for probably the last 5-6 years at least, on their *front page* - the entire world would know about it.

4DThinker

macrumors 68020
Mar 15, 2008
Something like that web page will be on in-house apple screens as it's created and long before it ever goes live at Apple.com. Someone could have secretly snapped a cell phone picture of the screen when they weren't supposed to and eventually made it outside to post.

Could be.
Doesn't matter.
We'll know the truth eventually.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Something like that web page will be on in-house apple screens as it's created and long before it ever goes live at Apple.com. Someone cold have secretly snapped a cell phone picture of the screen when they weren't supposed to and eventually made it outside to post.

Could be.
Doesn't matter.
We'll know the truth eventually.

But how can it appear on http://www.apple.com and not something like http://www.apple.com/beta/tablet_startsite_test or so?

Even if it was in-house (regardless of all the points that point to fake), how can they use the http://www.apple.com address without the outside world getting wind of it?

steve-p

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2008
Newbury, UK
I think I understand, so I can have two versions of http://www.mysite.com, one for the outside world, and one for my testing, and both sites would show just the http://www.mysite.com address if I access the main site?

That's nifty.
Yes. Of course, it could also have been faked in the same way, using a local server instead of the real one. It could just be a big jpeg instead of an html page.

Little Endian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2003
Honolulu
Yeah right. The Apple tablet, complete with photos and video, was leaked onto the front page of apple.com. :rolleyes:

When one tiny chunk of text with the G5 specs was accidentally posted on the PowerMac G4's page on store.apple.com, it was news on every major tech site on the internet.

If Apple accidentally posted photos and video of their tablet, which has been rumored for probably the last 5-6 years at least, on their *front page* - the entire world would know about it.

Oh yes those were the days.... Apple's G5 mishap was known to the world. indeed this tablet leak is very dubious. :p had such an incident occurred the world would know about it.

dukeace2094

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
San Jose, CA
another leak

looks legit to me i like the double screens and it comes with windows already on it!!! too bad theres no aluminum back... :apple:

Attachments

• Tablet.jpg
    Tablet.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 146

dukeace2094

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
San Jose, CA
a few leaks/mockup images

thought itd be cool just to see which u think is most legit :apple:

Attachments

• Tablet 1.jpg
    Tablet 1.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Tablet 2.jpg
    Tablet 2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 133
  • Tablet 3.jpg
    Tablet 3.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 128
  • Tablet 5.jpg
    Tablet 5.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 135
  • Tablet 4.jpg
    Tablet 4.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 136

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I'm glad the world wide wet was not around when I was fifteen. Such drivel you can do at that age.

Are you really that daft to not see that those have been posted already? And what's with that thread title?

You seem to be spamming I suppose...

Theclamshell

macrumors 68030
Mar 2, 2009
edit: wth, i posted this in a different thread. Or atleast i meant too........ this islatepadcanvas has me too xcited

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.