This cant be real...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dukeace2094, Jan 24, 2010.

1. dukeace2094 macrumors regular

IM not so sure about this but according to a few different websites this is a leaked image of the welcome screen for www.apple.com after the tablet is released. Thought I'd ask u guys... :apple:

[​IMG]

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Or it's a Photoshop.

Given that leaks like this don't normally happen...

3. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I'd say it's fake. The perspective of the supposed image doesn't look very Apple, and why the hell would someone take a picture of the screen rather than take a screenshot or save the image? :confused:

4. Lichter21c macrumors newbie

Lichter21c

Well, im not very good with computer lingo. but wouldnt there be extra text after www.apple.com/ ? the bar on top is the website for the home page.

I dont know though. all I know is the really easy stuff, im trying to learn though.

5. robfromabove macrumors regular

Yeah, you're right, it's not. Remember all the discussion of Apple + Newspaper/Media having talks? Why then, would that result in the Tablet/Slate showcasing the WSJ via Safari? If anything, I anticipate a new App, specifically for news publications.

Oh, and like I've said before. Apple wouldn't be dumb enough to have OS X window controls on a 10" device. Your fingers aren't small enough to accurately close/minimize a window using native OS X window controls.

My $0.02.

6. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Nah, that would be the correct URL. Apple often put product placement on the homepage. For example, right now, it's still the iMac. :)

EDIT: Also, I just noticed the & symbol. Apple don't use that. It's always the word 'and'.

7. Lichter21c macrumors newbie

Lichter21c

oo thanks. I wasnt 100% sure on that. thanks for clearing it up for me

8. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Fake, as the M from MacBook Touch and the i from iPhone are not in line.

The i starts to far left and the M normally has no orthogonal strokes.

[​IMG]

9. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

10. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Why does the "TV ad" show the Leopard wallpaper?

Fake.

11. Stuipdboy1000 macrumors 6502a

Stuipdboy1000

Also the 'Watch the TV Ad' image is of the default Leopard wallpaper, whereas the one displayed on the device itself is of the default Snow Leopard wallpaper.

Edit: beaten to it.

12. robfromabove macrumors regular

I also forgot to mention that Apple likes to demo fairly recent movies (such as Star Trek on the iMac), not a movie that came out two years ago now (Wall-E).

13. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

Fantasy mockups typically reuse elements from current Apple products; Apple creates something new. Remember all the iPhone mockups that had beefed up iPod interfaces? All wrong. It's a new product, it'll have a new interface.

14. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

Yeah right. The Apple tablet, complete with photos and video, was leaked onto the front page of apple.com. :rolleyes:

When one tiny chunk of text with the G5 specs was accidentally posted on the PowerMac G4's page on store.apple.com, it was news on every major tech site on the internet.

If Apple accidentally posted photos and video of their tablet, which has been rumored for probably the last 5-6 years at least, on their *front page* - the entire world would know about it.

15. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Something like that web page will be on in-house apple screens as it's created and long before it ever goes live at Apple.com. Someone could have secretly snapped a cell phone picture of the screen when they weren't supposed to and eventually made it outside to post.

Could be.
    Doesn't matter.
    We'll know the truth eventually.

16. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

But how can it appear on www.apple.com and not something like www.apple.com/beta/tablet_startsite_test or so?

Even if it was in-house (regardless of all the points that point to fake), how can they use the www.apple.com address without the outside world getting wind of it?

17. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

That bit would be easy - either a different local DNS or just a one line entry in the hosts file pointing that URL to a different server.

18. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I think I understand, so I can have two versions of www.mysite.com, one for the outside world, and one for my testing, and both sites would show just the www.mysite.com address if I access the main site?

That's nifty.

19. steve-p macrumors 68000

steve-p

Yes. Of course, it could also have been faked in the same way, using a local server instead of the real one. It could just be a big jpeg instead of an html page.

20. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

Oh yes those were the days.... Apple's G5 mishap was known to the world. indeed this tablet leak is very dubious. :p had such an incident occurred the world would know about it.

21. dukeace2094 thread starter macrumors regular

another leak

looks legit to me i like the double screens and it comes with windows already on it!!! too bad theres no aluminum back... :apple:

Attached Files:

22. dukeace2094 thread starter macrumors regular

a few leaks/mockup images

thought itd be cool just to see which u think is most legit :apple:

Attached Files:

23. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I'm glad the world wide wet was not around when I was fifteen. Such drivel you can do at that age.

Are you really that daft to not see that those have been posted already? And what's with that thread title?

You seem to be spamming I suppose...

24. dukeace2094 thread starter macrumors regular

im sorry im just excited to see the tablet tomorrow. a little too excited... :apple:

25. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

edit: wth, i posted this in a different thread. Or atleast i meant too........ this islatepadcanvas has me too xcited