This code works everywhere else

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by zachsilvey, Jan 4, 2011.

1. zachsilvey macrumors 6502

This line
    Code:
    NSLog(@"%@", arrayOfNewsItems);
    will work in every method of my UITableViewController except
    Code:
    - (void)tableView:(UITableView *)tableView didSelectRowAtIndexPath:(NSIndexPath *)indexPath
    The array is a synthesized property so it should be accessible anywhere in the class but when I use that line inside of the that method the app crashes without throwing an exception in the console.

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

What does the rest of the method look like? Can you do just a regular "NSLog(@"I am here");" and have it work in there?

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

4. chown33 macrumors 604

The NSLog you've posted is not using a synthesized property. It's using a variable named 'arrayOfNewsItems'. I can't tell you if it's a local variable or an instance variable or even a global variable without seeing more code. But it's definitely not a property.

You can tell it's not a property because this is what a property reference looks like:
    Code:
    NSLog(@"%@", [COLOR="Red"]self.[/COLOR]arrayOfNewsItems);
    If you don't have the name of the object whose property it is, followed by a dot, then that arrayOfNewsItems is not a property.

And no one here is a mind-reader. If you expect someone to help you with the code in the method, then you have to post the code of that method.

5. zachsilvey thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes that will work.

Where would I find that, nothing shows up in the console.