This computer model unsupported by x64 BootCamp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dgbowers, Sep 19, 2011.

1. dgbowers macrumors member

dgbowers

I've got an iMac 24" C2D 2.93, model MB119LL/A. It's running OS X Lion 10.7.1, with all current updates. I know for a fact that the system is 64-bit compatible.

I've installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, it boots fine, (but looks crappy due to no drivers) and then I immediately try to install BootCamp 4.0, which I downloaded to a DVD via BootCamp Assistant.

What's the deal with Bootcamp 4.0? Any solutions?

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Looks like the Early 2009 iMacs aren't supported for 64-bit by BootCamp drivers. HERE is Apple's list of eligible models.

3. dgbowers thread starter macrumors member

dgbowers

Well. That, quite frankly, is complete ************. So am I just stuck? Or is there a workaround for those of us who have 2 year old systems?

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

You might be able to get a driver directly from the graphics card manufacturer..Nvidia for that one right? You won't get the extra enhancements like the keyboard addins or easy startup disk switcher.

5. dgbowers thread starter macrumors member

dgbowers

Well after much frustration, trying to get BootCamp to run.... I just manually installed all of the drivers. It works great so far, but it's still running updates. I'll post later if it works perfectly or not.

6. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

Glad you got it working, I run labs full of dual boot 2009 models and was going to post a way for you to get it working but you done it the long way anyway!

You can get it working by just right clicking on the exe and changing a few settings that will get it to ignore the unsupported message and go ahead and install anyway, the only drawback is that windows claims the drivers as untrusted when you are installing them and gives you a warning.

7. dgbowers thread starter macrumors member

dgbowers

I tried that, but nothing worked. I'd read about the whole troubleshoot compatibility deal, but nothing I tried worked at all. Have you tried to do it with the Boot Camp 4.0 stuff yet?

8. SlickShoes macrumors 6502a

Not yet, I just rolled out this years labs still on bootcamp 3.2, 3.3 came out the day after. Next year we are buying in new machines so I guess i should start testing on 4 soon! I'll be wary of this! Thanks