"This Copy of iTunes is corrupted" - Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rezatayebi, Sep 4, 2010.

1. rezatayebi macrumors regular

Last night I got rid of Leopard on all 3 of my macs and did a clean install of Snow Leopard.

Among the little problems I`m having at the moment (even after upgrading to 10.6.4) this is a big one I haven`t been able to find a solution for :
    [​IMG]

I used Software Update to update everything and after the installation I realized the new iTunes isn`t working.

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

3. celticpride678

4. rezatayebi thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies guys.
    I downloaded itunes from apple`s web site and reinstalled it. Things are fine now.

However it seems like apple is blocking IP addresses from my region (middle east). I was unable to download itunes using my IP address and things were extremely slow. Had to use VPN and an IP address from UK to download.

Probably apple`s servers are too busy at the moment and they prefer to give better services to regions where they have more customers.

That`s OK and completely make sense. It just made my "software update" download corrupted itunes and security updates :rolleyes:

5. JulieRuminator macrumors newbie

I got the corrupted itunes message after a software update and lost everything.

I got the same corrupted error message after I did a software update for snow Leopard. Long story short, I lost EVERYTHING for itunes, and the mac store clerk told me it was not from the software update, and the lady next to me piped up and said the same thing had just happened to her! The clerk REFUSED to tell a superior or some kind of chain of command about the issue and possible trend... He said Apple did not provide a means to report things and basically does not want to hear from the employees in the field, which I can believe to an extent...

The only reason I even did the software update was because the new power supply would not work right when my battery was low, and I had to take the battery out EACH time in order for the computer to recognize it. I was told over the phone by the Apple Care clerk a software update would fix that. Anyway it didn't and now I have a lot more problems!!, including having lost everything in itunes!