This Damned BATTERY!! :@, AMB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Jinsou, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Jinsou macrumors regular

Jinsou

Ok maybe I'm being a little bit skeptical here, but yesterday i let my battery drain then left over 5hrs.... almost 10, then charged till 100% no problem, the so called "Battery Calibration", I have the battery icon with the percentage next to it. ok so this morning (while turned off) i unplugged my AMB, and all i saw was the battery meter on the side make its shine telling that battery has full charge... Ok..... I come to school, plug adapter on the wall, plug it to the laptop and then turn it on...... as soon as i turn it on.... 99% On this thing.... has ANYONE had this problem? I'm about to exchange it.... for another one of this.. of course, but damn.... That battery meter cant pull 1% in like a second..C'mon.....

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Well seeing that the battery has began draining, it can't be 100%...

3. svndmvn Guest

I believe it's because when you keep it plugged in order not to consume the battery the computer will not keep it at 100% all the time, and charge it as soon as it gets below 95% or something similar.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

There is nothing wrong with your battery or MB. They're perfectly fine. Your MB stops charging the battery until it drops at least 2 or 3%, for its protection.

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Are you...serious? Really?

1% and you're flipping out? There is a minimal drain on the battery to hold the computer in sleep.

6. Jinsou thread starter macrumors regular

Jinsou

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The level of analness of Apple users continues to grow each day. <Face palm>

8. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

So i guess turning on a laptop from a shutdown state...spinning up the hdd and turning on the LED screen takes up 0% battery I guess...?

riight.....

9. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

wow, you are flipping out on 1% of battery loss when you TURN THE COMPUTER ON! You really think that won't drain the battery?

Common sense man.

10. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

wow.. based on the title of this i thought your battery exploded or something...
    you need to read up a little bit and see some real issues!!!! relax....

kids these days... :p