Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
There is simply not enough energy in the microwave emissions from a cell phone to cause any damage to human tissues. It might make you a little warmer, that's it.

alangrehan

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Average incidence of brain tumors is approx 8 in 100,000

'IF' this is correct and 'Everybody' is using mobile phones then the risk is roughly doubled then you would have a 16 in 100,000 figure which is

0.016% of the population will get a tumour...

When you consider that figure you're actually more likely to die by getting run over or having a heart attack.

You can sit there worrying about these things (while everyone around you is using phones and you're driving by masts thereby exposing yourself to radiation anyway...) or you can just use your phone and not worry :rolleyes:

Namji

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
I rarely use the phone directly to talk.. When on a call I am either in my car with the car's built-in bluetooth or use my earpiece.

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
I rarely use the phone directly to talk.. When on a call I am either in my car with the car's built-in bluetooth or use my earpiece.

This. Or on headphones but I rarely have the phone directly to my face. Wasn't there a warning about having a cell phone in your pocket because it could decrease sperm count or something like that? I think this story is along the same lines as that.

Leet Apple

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2009
Canada
Just use the Apple Earphones with the Mic or a Bluetooth if you really want to reduce the chance of getting a tumour.

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
Just use the Apple Earphones with the Mic or a Bluetooth if you really want to reduce the chance of getting a tumour.

Bluetooth is even higher frequency than cell phone radiation, but operates at lower power, so I guess a bit of a tradeoff in what you are exposing yourself to.

And if you read the article, the author claims that even headphones just act like antennas that funnel the radiation right into your brain. Woot! ;)

Tom G.

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Champaign/Urbana Illinois
In the words of Rod Serling, "We are born condemned to die, the time and place of execution are unknown."

Whether it comes from EMF, which is doubtful, or a lightning bolt, also doubtful, dead is still dead, and you've had your allotted time on earth. Make good use of it and enjoy your iPhone. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.