This Device Is Not Optimized For this Iphone - ARRRGH !~

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by TraciW, Jul 8, 2010.

1. TraciW macrumors newbie

Before you ask .. yes I have browsed this forum and others..

No.. I haven't dropped it in water.. Yes I have air cleaned and brush cleaned the dock port.. no, it's made no difference.

Firstly I got the prompt which asked about airplane mode which was beginning to drive me nuts. As far as I can see there is no way I can disable this pop up notification... I installed newest software upgrade last night and now I get the message above. Similar thing.. different wording.. This is just as annoying (but at least it doesn't activate airplane mode if I accidentally touch the "yes" button as before !)

What I want to know is will Apple accept that this is a fault with the phone ?

I was about to buy another two for family members but until I can fix this fault I'm pretty reluctant.

SURELY apple can issue a FIX which disables this prompt???? which, as far as I can see, does nothing but annoy people?

2. ryannazaretian macrumors 6502a

ryannazaretian

I totally agree.

Plop the phone on my iHome. I get the message.

Plug the phone into my car. I get the message.

Every single time! Very annoying!

3. warrena macrumors member

warrena

Yes, I even got it once plugging it into the iPhone 4 dock. Apple sells an insert for the iPod universal dock and guess what - I get the error on it as well. I think they must have some bug or just want everybody to buy new accessories. I wish they would correct it.

I have the bumper on my iPhone so it will not fit in the standard iPhone 4 dock. I took one of the old iPod inserts for the universal dock that fit the phone w/bumper and cut the bottom of the insert out so it would fit low enough in the dock - works great. Now if I could just get rid of the stupid message.. . .

4. tollartok macrumors newbie

I get this too, with my iPhone 3GS. I got the whole airplane mode-thing with my old 3G, but after I decided that it wasn't worth having a phone with out speakers (I can't be the only one whose speakers die after the pop-up?) I changed it for a 3GS. Now that the new phone is freaking out too, I'm at a loss.
    What causes this thing with all the iPhones after plugging it in to a USB-outlet?:confused:

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Got it yesterday when plugging the iPhone 4 into the Ladybug speakers I bought from Apple. The original iPhone would give me that message once...turn it off and it was fine. The new one did it FIVE times before it finally stopped.

I'd like a way to turn it off completely.

6. TraciW thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm so there's NO way to disarm it then... ? this is ridiculous ... come on Apple get your act together

7. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

Old thread... but I'm still getting problems with this message.

I get it when I connect the iPhone to the FM Transmitter in the car and when putting it in the sound station at home.

Any update in this problem?

8. MFoudz macrumors newbie

i know its a very old thread but u guys might have found any solution ? its a very annoying message

9. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Assuming the docking port on the phone is clean; the only solution is to jailbreak. I did it late last summer and added the "NoAccessorySplash" tweak from Cydia; a full year without that message has been wonderful. "Popup Blocker" on Cydia does the same thing and a good deal more.

If you can't or won't JB, all you can do is send lots of feedback to Apple. This is a stupid, pointless message in nearly all cases, because it mostly warns you about previous generation docks and cables that are fine. But unfortunately, it's probably not going anywhere, because they DO want you buying the latest and greatest accessories even though the old ones still work perfectly!

10. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

The only solution is changing to a newer, iPhone 4 "compatible" device. Or, JB.

I ended changing my FM transmitter, and now I can live happily without that stupid message.:)