This device is not registered as part...

rrwrrw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
I keep trying to activate my iPhone 4s on iOS 6 and keep getting the message "We're unable to complete your activation. This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program." I added the Device ID to the provisioning portal, but it isn't working.

Does this mean the server is down or that I have done something wrong when adding the Device ID?

rrwrrw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Yep. I was just wondering if this is the message that you get when the activation server is not working.

rrwrrw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Come on guys. Can someone please take two seconds and help?

SoldOutMatinee

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
Las Vegas
Come on guys. Can someone please take two seconds and help?
if you did everything right, i wouldn't panic until a few more hours pass bc it seems that the servers are not responding for some right now. I activated my phone earlier today and it went smoothly. I've now tried doing someone else's and it's saying it's not registering so i'm assuming it's a server issue.

Haugum

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
I keep trying to activate my iPhone 4s on iOS 6 and keep getting the message "We're unable to complete your activation. This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program." I added the Device ID to the provisioning portal, but it isn't working.

Does this mean the server is down or that I have done something wrong when adding the Device ID?
Same thing happened to me, didn't work for hours. Then I put my iPhone into DFU, connected it to iTunes and restored to 5.1.1. When my iPhone was running 5.1.1, I connected it to iTunes and updated (NOT restored) to 6.0 by alt-clicking the update button and choosing my .ipsw file.

TL;DR
1. Enter DFU
2. Restore to 5.1.1 in iTunes
3. Alt-click update (not restore!) and choose your .ipsw (For Windows: Shift-click update).
4. Profit.

Last edited:

ShapeShifter499

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2012
Same thing happened to me, didn't work for hours. Then I put my iPhone into DFU, connected it to iTunes and restored to 5.1.1. When my iPhone was running 5.1.1, I connected it to iTunes and updated (NOT restored) to 6.0 by alt-clicking the update button and choosing my .ipsw file.

TL;DR
1. Enter DFU
3. Alt-click update (not restore!) and choose your .ipsw
4. Profit.
This works great! However for windows users its SHIFT and click UPDATE.

aDRock1154

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2011
Ohio

TL;DR
1. Enter DFU
3. Alt-click update (not restore!) and choose your .ipsw
4. Profit.
Thank you!!! I assumed the servers were getting hammered and I would just have to wait it out... I am trying as soon as I get home! Thanks again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.