Resolved "This device isn't eligible for the requested build" and more

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by landon1850, Jul 5, 2011.

1. landon1850, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011

landon1850 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) that I was asked to fix because it's stuck in a loop when it boots. (See the Apple for a bit, screen goes black, see the Apple for a bit, screen goes black, etc.)

However, when I try to restore it in iTunes I get the error "This device isn't eligible for the requested build."

I've googled and searched these forums (and will continue to do both) and I've tried the things I've found so far (like unchecking "set hosts to cydia" and removing com.apple.gs entries from my hosts file) but I still can't get it to do anything but give me that blasted error.

I have a feeling somebody tried JB/Unlocking with the iPad firmware and messed it up, but no one is 'fessing to it.

Ideas?

Thanks!

-Landon

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Are you trying to update to the latest firmware?

If not then you will need SHSH or else you won't be able to restore.

If yes then you should try it with another computer. I had similar issue and using another computer solved the problem.

Is the 3GS already on ipad BB?

If yes then you will need a custom ipsw. Use pwnage tool to create one and restore it.

3. landon1850 thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! This is what I will try later and then I'll report back. Thanks!

-Landon

4. landon1850 thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked! The key was trying with the latest version of the firmware (4.3.3 as I write this.) Earlier I had been trying to restore a custom 4.2.1 firmware.

Thanks!

-Landon

5. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

It probably didn't restore due to lack of blobs. Apple isn't signing 4.2.1 anymore, only 4.3.3 and unless you saved SHSH blobs with Cydia, you can't restore to old firmwares.