This device isn't eligible for the requested build

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by imac107, Nov 30, 2011.

1. imac107 macrumors newbie

I know this post has been on here before, but none of the threads has solved my problem,

My Dad has a iPhone 4 Jailbroken with greenpois0n. The phone stopped responding and my bro pressed the "Erase All Content and Settings" button under reset menu, now the phone is completely useless. I don't mind loosing JB, I just want to restore to its original settings. I tried downloading several firmwares from felixbruns, 3.1, 4.3.1, and the latest 5.0.1 also I downloaded the latest iTunes and at the restore button i tried holding shift and select my downloaded files, but in all of them i get the message "this device isn't eligible for the requested build"
    I tried changing the host file to all ideas that i found on macrumors, and still the same problem. I went from my iMac to a different computer Windows 7, tried everything there, and still, can't do anything. Iphone stays black and blocked.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Put it in dfu mode and restore it.
    Thats what happens when you try to do an erase all on a JB iphone.

3. imac107 thread starter macrumors newbie

Did that before already,
    did it again now,
    still nothing, same message. "Device isn't eligible for the requested build"

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. imac107 thread starter macrumors newbie

Just wanna let you know now i was finally able to restore my iPhone, phew, what a relief.

I don't know what happened, but I kept trying and trying, and suddenly i switched back to my imac and left iTunes download the firmware and bang, it worked. Don't know why now, tried same method before but didn't work then, now it did.

6. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon