Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
Its become so dead on this forum lately. I guess everyone who hangs out here have aired their grievances. I’m betting it will come alive after Christmas.

Reactions: Wackery

techno-Zen

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Its become so dead on this forum lately. I guess everyone who hangs out here have aired their grievances. I’m betting it will come alive after Christmas.
This isn't abnormal. The Series 5 has been out for a while.

Instead of making a useless thread like this why not post something worthy of conversation?

edit: ok that was harsh lol but still.. why make this thread?

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2008
I think it is great to have fewer complaints. I would also like to see fewer threads about asking others to make decisions for them that should be made by the OP rather than a stranger.

I would like to see more threads where people are asking how do I do X or Y or Z or I don’t understand how to do X with the watch.

I would also like to see more threads about comparative product evaluation and how to approach that. To me, this is very different from which watch should I buy.

Last, I would like to see more threads that address choice of watch or bands when there are disability issues or health or aging issues. All too often the perspective is from younger/healthier individuals. For example, I read a great blog post from somebody (younger) who had CP and how he used the watch and the choices he had to make regarding watch type and band choice and setup.

Last edited:

Pseudo-Fed

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2017
I think it is great to have fewer complaints. I would also like to see fewer threads about asking others to make decisions for them that should be made by the OP rather than a stranger.

I would like to see more threads where people are asking how do I do X or Y or Z or I don’t understand how to do X with the watch.

I would also like to see more threads about comparative product evaluation and how to approach that. To me, this is very different from which watch should I buy.

Last, I would like to see more threads that address choice if watch or bands when there are disability issues or health or aging issues. All too often the perspective is from younger/healthier individuals. For example, I read a great blog post from somebody (younger) who had CP and how he used the watch and the choices he had to make regarding watch type and band choice and setup.

Well said. Me too....

Reactions: scmill

Otflyer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 14, 2017
SF Bay Area
This isn't abnormal. The Series 5 has been out for a while.

Instead of making a useless thread like this why not post something worthy of conversation?

edit: ok that was harsh lol but still.. why make this thread?
It was just a simple observation. If you don’t like my post ignore it an save yourself a useless comment.
[automerge]1576287032[/automerge]
Are you complaining about the lack of complains ? ?
not really.

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

Few things:

1.) You didn’t have to make a specific thread on this topic, it’s not really relatable to the Apple Watch in general, it’s more of just your own observation that doesn’t really warrant a thread. Just sayin.

2.) Every year the Apple Watch forum thrives consistently in the September time frame on the Apple Watch release, but it also subsides quite a bit during the holidays. Of all my participation on MacRumors, the Apple Watch forum is probably one of the slowest forums, aside from the iPod touch.

3.) ‘Grievances’ (Or in... The positive/negative) aspects of others opinions are equally just as important. The Apple Watch is scrutinized, because it’s held to a higher level over other competitor products in terms of quality of hardware/software/customer support.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Not sure how MacRumors counts blessings but surely they'd be thrilled if all happy Apple Watch owners logged in here to say so... but surely MacRumors' owner doesn't actually expect that to happen. Nor should those of us who are just members. Usually people who are happy with their purchase and not looking for something else -- a particular watchband or app or something-- are not going to log into some online forum to say how much they love their purchase. Apple would probably love for that to happen every time out the box, too but they don't expect it either. So in a way a half-dead forum in here on Apple Watch issues is a pretty good sign to Apple...

Reactions: BigMcGuire

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
quite typical really after many months after release date...people's issues calm down bit as their watches get used to normal usage. only so much you can talk about after a release.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Wife and I are loving our Apple Watch 5s. Last few updates have really stabilized things. Now to get my lazy ass out to jog more often.

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Wife and I are loving our Apple Watch 5s. Last few updates have really stabilized things. Now to get my lazy ass out to jog more often.

Dude, I just started doing cardio to cut down after bulking for bodybuilding. The one thing I’d really like to see for the Apple Watch, is a ‘live step’ pedometer, like a side complication on the main watch face would be really useful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.