THIS happens when I update my gpu (pic inside)!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ozreth, Apr 4, 2014.

1. ozreth macrumors 65816

ozreth

Posted this over in the Windows section, but as usual it's a ghost town so I'm trying my luck in the next most relevant place :)

So I installed bootcamp on my 2010 13" and the updated the Nvidia drivers. As soon as I opened up Google Chrome the choppiness that you see in the below pic started happening on all of my menu bars on the screen, including the google Chrome menu bar. I couldn't figure out how to fix it and eventually reinstalled Bootcamp. Once again, same thing. Although this time I opened a lot of things and it didn't happen until I eventually opened Google Chrome. To test it I reinstalled Bootcamp one more time, and didn't update the GPU driver. I opened google chrome and all was well, until I again installed the newest Nvidia driver.

Is there a reason this could be happening? And if there is no fix what is the easiest way for me to downgrade to a driver before that (If that will even fix the problem...)?

Thanks!
    [​IMG]

2. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

3. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

Simple, but make sure you're running the right drivers. You could use the "GeForce Experience" (awful name I know) to make sure you're getting the right drivers (download the GeForce Experience from here).

4. dmccloud macrumors 6502a

dmccloud

Go to the nvidia site and manually search for the driver for your card. the Website will pull up the most recent version for your specific videocard. Download that, then completely uninstall the current driver and reboot the system before installing the one you just downloaded.

5. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

Mk. I think it is the one that Nvidia recommends for my computer but I'll check when I get home. Also, I'm not sure how to uninstall a the current driver, but I'm sure a quick google search will reveal the answer.

Thanks! Will report back.

6. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

Ok so I checked and the current driver was the newest one that nvidia recommends for my MBP. I went ahead and uninstalled it anyways, and then installed the previous driver release. Same issue. Grrrr :mad::(:confused:

7. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

8. Dovahkiing macrumors regular

9. ozreth thread starter macrumors 65816

ozreth

My bootcamp cd installs drivers from 2010. Would like to play a more recent game.

10. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

Maybe try an old driver? Like from ~1 year ago? I know I've used Nvidia's drivers within the last year on my old 330m. I don't have the computer anymore otherwise I'd test the newest driver myself.