This has been bugging me... (sleep thing)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ErikCLDR, Jul 6, 2008.

1. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

Ok this is a strange thread...

So the other night I was sleeping, all of a sudden there was this electrical pulsation though my entire body, as if I was being electrocuted. I know its not unheard of for a single jolt, but this went on for what felt like minutes and was extremely painful. I could not move my any part of my body or open my eyes. The electrical shock literally was going through my entire body. I could feel my arms and legs shaking, even my fingers. In fact, I could feel my face muscles convulsing against my pillow. I wasn't violently thrashing around but I felt like I was shaking pretty hard. I can't remember if I was able to breathe. All I could do was pray that what ever was going on would stop and I was wondering if I was dying or having a seizure or a stroke or something. I don't have an health issues and I am a healthy 17 year old. Eventually it did stop, my muscles felt quite relaxed, and I felt ok, though my heart was racing. I was really confused as to what happened and was drowsy so eventually I went back to sleep.

I am very prone to sleep paralysis- where I wake up in the middle of the night unable to move because my body still thinks I am sleeping. I'm pretty much used to it now, its just annoying if I am in an uncomfortable position. I don't have the hallucinations or things of that nature like some people do.

I've tried googling this but to success. I haven't been able to stop wondering about what ever happened. Has this ever happened to anyone or have any insight into what this was.

2. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

I'd go see a neurologist. I know there are some kinds of epilepsy that present with nighttime seizures, but I'm far, far from being an expert on the matter.

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

why dont you go post this on a health forum instead of a computer forum...

not that we dont want to help...but you might get much better answers from over there