This has been happening for the past few days

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by petrucci666, Apr 11, 2012.

1. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

Have no clue why, it started out of the blue. And it's system-wide. Most noticeable in Chrome and the Mac App Store.

Tried restarting the laptop, removed Chrome completely and re-downloaded. Still present.

I'm running 10.7.3. on a 2011 base 13" MBA

2. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Is there a way you can test it with a different internet connection? As in, does this happen on both your network and your friend's or work network?

What I'm getting at: can you isolate if this is 100% a MBA issue or 100% a router/connection issue?

3. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

My first guess is also that it's a connection problem.

Does it happen consistently on every web site, or can you isolate it to one or two sites?

4. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

It happens on almost every website. For example, sometimes even google.com and facebok.com won't load after multiple refreshes. And it's been like that on both home and office networks.

Nothing has changed as far as connections really, still the same networks at work and home, this just started happening 2 days ago.

5. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. shadowjeff macrumors regular

like someone said above try it on a different network, like your school or work wifi or even starbucks. Most probably is the connection problem

7. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

Have you installed something recently that might be interfering with web activity? Maybe there's a corrupted file? I'm thinking of Click-to-Flash or something like that.

Also, I assume everything is up to date.

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Please post the output of "nslookup" in Terminal (type "exit" to get back out of it).

9. darkheroz macrumors member

re

I have such issues on MBA and on Iphone when internet connection is not good. Missing icons are mainly in Facebook.

10. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

11. petrucci666 thread starter macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

12. bogatyr macrumors 65816

I agree with the others about it being a connection issue, but rarely does speed cause the problem you're seeing. It is more likely packet loss or something along those lines than actual speed.

Do a ping on your router, let it go for a while (30 seconds or so) then see how many packets are lost (local test).
    Do a ping on google.com, let it go for a while then see how many packets are lost (remote test).

13. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

D+ grade connection does perhaps imply packet loss, I don't know. Try www.pingtest.net too?

14. jackiepie macrumors newbie

This happened a few days ago. But it was because THE NETWORK of our country had been attached by hacker. It's ok now.