iPhone This has me confused..

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by aDRock1154, Sep 13, 2013.

1. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Alright, so I was attempting to update my wife's 4S from the last beta to the Gm. I updated my 5 in no time at all, but hers is a different story. It was making decent progress, then I noticed her progress bar hadn't moved in a while...

It was a half hour later and neither iTunes, nor her iPhone, moved at all. It was in the last sequence of updating when it stalled. I had to DFU restore and put her on iOS 6. She was only trying to (shift+)update, so I'm not sure why it stalled. I thought about using my Mac and updating her to iOS 7, and then doing an iCloud restore. Would this work?

She uses a Windows PC if it helps at all.

TIA to anyone that can help out.

2. !GS51! macrumors regular

Not sure what to tell you there, my friend updated his 4S today and it worked, try a Mac and see if that helps. But before you update i would say reset all settings on 6.1.3 and then update.

3. aDRock1154 thread starter macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Thanks, I'll give that a try. She has her backup that consisted of iOS 5/6, so maybe something is corrupt and not letting it finish. Problem is, I need to get her on iOS 7, so she can get the backup(iOS 7) on her phone to get some of her photos and videos before she does a clean install.

I made a backup before I did anything (when she was on the last beta), incase something like this happened. Odd that her iTunes lost her iOS 6 backup I made over a month ago...

4. !GS51! macrumors regular

If you have a mac and can get access to itunes 11.1 beta 2 that would be great since you can restore a backup made on previous iOS versions but you cant do it on 11.0.5.

5. aDRock1154 thread starter macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

I'll give that a go. Thanks!