This has me worried about the Leather Loop

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by jabingla2810, Apr 8, 2015.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

I was worried the leather loop might not hold onto the case securely because it's all leather, and this picture seems to support my worries.

Taken from the Verge Review. Hoping this isn't always the case.

Attached Files:

2. Sharkey311 Suspended

3. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

Just looks to me like the reviewer was careless in attaching the band.

4. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I've seen pictures like that of the Milanese loop. I think it's people putting them on badly, to be honest.

5. yellolab macrumors member

exactly my question- is the magnet strong enough?

I assume there is only one magnet at the end, not everywhere in the band?

6. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

So you don't see the strap on the inside of the wrist partially hanging out of the port?

I hadn't heard about this issue. Now that I have and have seen this pic, I'm also worried.

7. WilliamG macrumors 604

Got a link to that?

8. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

I hope so

9. ricktat macrumors 6502a

I saw that on the videos too and for some wearing the sport band. I don't think its the magnets, I just hope it's not the lump on the back of the watch causing it.

10. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

From that photo it looks like the band isn't attached correctly. Doesn't seem to be completely snapped into place.

11. Sharkey311 Suspended

This. I highly doubt the leather loop would stick out like that over time. And if so, the reviewer would be quick to point out such a flaw.

12. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Wow, that's alarming. :eek:

13. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Actually, one of the reviewers (I forget which...maybe the lady who did a Day in the Life video?) specifically mentioned that the Milanese loop was far looser than the sports strap, to the point where occasionally the watch couldn't detect a heart beat.

14. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

The guy who did the Verge review, Nilay Patel, did an AMA on reddit.com, where he was asked about the strength of the magnets on the leather loop and if it became loose. He said that it didn't and that he loved the band. This was my main concern. He also says a lot people told him it looked ugly, but from the video review he did, it looked like the critics were ladies from some fashion magazine, which I personally couldn't care less about.

I'm still enthused about the leather loop and I think the picture above is simply the result of the reviewer not having attached it securely.

I just hope the leather loop isn't delayed, like the briefly-displayed shipping estimates on the German website suggested. Although I'm only concerned with the US market, I think it would be a major fail of Apple to not have all variations (aside from the Edition which they said would be in short supply) available at launch.

15. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

as someone who is buying the 38mm, I just wish I had the option to get the leather loop!