This iPad Pro 2018 case extends the Smart Keyboard connectors meaning it works with ASK

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Enclavean, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Enclavean macrumors regular

Enclavean

2. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

My thought is that is extremely clever. What a well thought out idea.

3. MDePew24 macrumors regular

MDePew24

I actually wish it didn't have the spot for the pencil.

4. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Now we just need a regular smart cover for the iPad.

5. Yester5 macrumors regular

Yester5

I have one on the way. I’ll post a review when it arrives:)

6. mrklaw macrumors 68020

I don't get it? Its a cover for your ipad that lets you use another cover on top? What is the use case

7. CookieMuncher macrumors newbie

CookieMuncher

The Apple keyboard folio doesn’t cover the sides of the iPad. This case let’s you use your keyboard case with this one to protect the sides of the iPad. 360 protection.

8. LiveM macrumors 65816

LiveM

Ah, so that's what they meant by, "let CoverBuddy snugly protected and perfect compatible... at the same time.

9. Pseudo-Fed macrumors 6502

lol. Language barrier examples all over their website. Good looking product though. Looking forward to a review.

10. eneisch macrumors 6502a

I just ordered the V2 of the i-Blason off Amazon as it is less than half the price than the switcheasy and will delivered with free one-day shipping. I'll let you guys know how it is after I get it tomorrow.

11. LordCoe13 macrumors regular

LordCoe13

12. ruiinplano macrumors newbie

13. CookieMuncher macrumors newbie

CookieMuncher

Okay got mine today the I-Blason V2 its a nice case but it will not stay upright with the keyboard. I purchased the V1 which has the same issue, to be honest I don’t see any difference between the two. It will connect to the magnet but any slight movement it will fall over, its even worse when you have it on your lap.

Either i was sent V1 instead of V2 which meant to have a stronger connection with the magnets or the V2 was just a minor update.

Sending this back to the US will cost me almost the same amount i spent on the case. I have contacted the company, just waiting on a response to see what they can do.

I might just have to buy the Switch easy case but its very expensive and the postage will cost me $20

14. biopig macrumors regular

It's kinda the product I've been looking for, but sadly the pencil holder is so ugly and you can't ignore it when using the iPad.

15. cdte92 macrumors newbie

I just got the i-Blason case yesterday from amazon uk and i’m having the same issue with the magnets not connecting properly and the iPad liable to collapse at any point. I’ve just emailed the company to ask about this and see what they say. Might end up returning it too. PS. There is nothing on the box to say whether i got a v1 or v2 version

16. CookieMuncher macrumors newbie

CookieMuncher

Mine didn’t say what version i got either. But apparently both versions still have the issue.

I got the SwitchEasy CoverBuddy which is miles better. It’s also slim and the keyboard case just feels like how it did originally. Love it so far.

https://www.switcheasy.com/Coverbuddy201911.php

17. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

I’m debating on whether or not to get this as well. Is it just cheap plastic though?

18. CookieMuncher macrumors newbie

CookieMuncher

It’s not too bad. It’s like an ultra thin iPhone case but not as thin i would say sit 1mm - 1.5mm thick. It also has a soft fabrics on the inside just like the Apple Folio.

At the end of the day it does give you more protection compared to just the ASK and also nests the Apple Pencil so it doesn’t get knocked off when travelling.