This is a BIG ONE!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by I WAS the one, Jan 16, 2012.

1. I WAS the one macrumors 6502a

I WAS the one

How do I send a password that can be used but the person is not able to see it?

example: I'm the administrator of a Mac, Someone needs to install an app, I don't want that person to know my admin password. Can I send an encrypted text that he can copy and paste but never see what it says? do you understand my question?

I want to send a word he can use without seeing the word. crazy huh?

if not I will need to fly on a plane to install an app because this person (non geek or tech talented erase or move an app that was able to let us screen sharing online for emergencies.

thanx

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No way.
    I use TeamViewer, which works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use (no messing around with ports), which comes in handy if providing remote support to those who aren't very computer literate. You can talk them through the setup on their end and be connected to them in less than a minute. It's also free for personal use.

Also, you may have better success in attracting responses to your thread, and you'll make your thread easier to find for those browsing the forum for the same answers, if you follow this tip.

3. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Turn on Remote Management and take control of the screen.

or

Turn on Remote Login and ssh into the Mac, install software.