This is a test

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Shrink, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

In the Posting Rules on the bottom of my page, it says I "may post replies, attachments and posts". But it also says "May not post new threads"

I just wanted to see what would happen if I tried to post a new thread because I don't understand why I wouldn't be allowed to post new threads. I've never been disciplined for anything, to my knowledge.

If you are reading this, then I'm REALLY confused. Why did the Posting Rules say "may not post new threads", but here I am. :confused:

Explanations appreciated.

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Your posting privileges are different in different forums. Most forums are open to new threads, as you proved with this forum, but there are exceptions.

Nobody other than the MacRumors news editors (represented as user "MacRumors") can start a new thread in the MacRumors.com News Discussion forum or other news forums.

As a new member, you can't yet start threads in the Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum.

You'll find more about it in the FAQ.

3. Shrink thread starter macrumors G3

Shrink

Thanks for the reply.

I was aware of certain restrictions on posting.

I can only think that what I did was while reading a "restricted" site, I went to the bottom of the page and made my (incorrect) observation. :eek:

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.