This is a very strange problem. I don't know how to summarize it for a title.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MegaMillions, Mar 7, 2009.

1. MegaMillions macrumors regular

So, a while ago I purchased the song Wild is the Wind, by Nina Simone, from the iTunes Store, and since my "purchased" playlist is synced with my iPhone, it loaded on. Fine.

A few weeks later, I purchased the rest of the album "Nina Simone's Finest Hour." I think that either it didn't give me the option to just complete the album for $9.00, or for some other reason I ended up with two copies of Wild is the Wind, I don't know exactly. But somehow I did, and so I deleted one of them.

On my iPhone however, when I go into that album, there are two Wild is the Wind's, one after another, in the album list. It's really annoying cause when one of them ends I have to skip a track to hear the next song.

I just completely removed the entire album from my Purchased playlist, to completely remove it from the iPhone, and "Nina Simone's Finest Hour" STILL shows up in the album list on my iPhone, and inside it, just "Wild is the Wind." That mysterious duplicate track that won't get deleted from the phone.

How do I make that track go away?

2. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Deleting it from the Purchased playlist will not delete it from your phone.
    Enable Manually Manage Music in iTunes, and go in and delete one of the songs manually.

3. kolax macrumors G3

How are you syncing your iPhone with iTunes? Is your iTunes Library small enough to fit onto your iPhone or are you using a custom Playlist to sync everything to your iPhone?