This is all kind of amusing...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajsnow6234, Jun 15, 2010.

1. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

So Apple never said anything about the white iPhone not being available. Honestly I think it would have been better for their "image" to actually announce that fact...but whatever. I don't actually care, but it's slightly amusing to me watching all the pissed off people go crazy about it.

I for one am holding off a little bit till the Apple store comes online. I'd rather order and have shipped from Apple than ATT. Good Luck too all those having problems pre-ordering. Just calm down...it will be ok! :D

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

NO! IT WON't BE OK! I HATE U APPLE for not delivering your promises. WHY SHOW OFF WHITE ONES in the FIRST PLACE!? Should have told us about this AT WWDC. You suck and You fail, apple.

3. ajsnow6234 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh geez...all this iPhone talk and I just now noticed the Mac Mini update...looks nice!

4. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

No, it won't be okay.

Some of us haven't slept in close to 24 hours.
    Once I can finally order the iPhone, I will be hibernating for a few days.

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I never wanted white, but they showed the white with the black all over their website. If they knew the white wouldn't be available, they should have said something before the day of pre order.

It's a slight bit of false advertising, yes they didn't say it would be available at lunch but since they were plastering it all over the place they made it a safe assumption that it would be.

Poor showing on Apples part IMO.

Also I don't find it amusing at all, I actually feel bad for someone who sold their phone or waited to pre-order only to find out it's not available. Pretty ****** if you ask me.

6. ajsnow6234 thread starter macrumors 6502

You sir...are obviously a child. It's a phone, you'll be ok. Apple owes you nothing...chill out.

7. Prolif1k macrumors 6502

Actually, that's incorrect. They DID say it would be available at launch. They being Steve Jobs at the keynote.

8. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

There are going to be a lot of pissed off people at work today.

Note to self: Be nice to people at work today.

9. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

If you think they suck and fail then why are you buying an iPhone in the first place? The black looks better anyways... :apple:

10. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Yeah seriously an HDMI port finally in a Mac mini. Did they have a keynote on the Mac mini or was this a surprise launch? It's going to make an awesome HTPC.

11. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

While it isn't the end of the world, Apple did royally F up here, and the people who come to these forums are true, hardcore fans that line up and amp themselves up to be the first to buy the latest and greatest from Apple. We help make them successful, a lot. We're the people that tell other people too. We matter, and we have a reason to be disappointed and a little upset. We were excited and this kinda kills it.

You guys ordering the black ones won't get it because your choice wasn't denied at the last second, when you expected to be able to go get the gadget you've been so excited about, and weren't able to, with no explanation whatsoever.

12. ajsnow6234 thread starter macrumors 6502

You're right, but anyone knows problems occur. It would have been better for themt to have announced it early, but they were obviously avoiding bad press. We won't know now until it's actually available, hopefully soon.

I don't feel bad for anyone who sold their phone hoping for a white iPhone. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Shouldn't really be jumping the gun for something like that, in my opinion anyway.

13. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

According to the poster, they suck and fail because they don't have the White available for purchase.
    If it was, they would not suck and fail and he would buy one.

14. ajsnow6234 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, excited about that HDMI port. Seems like it was a quiet update with a press release. I for one am holding out for a new Apple TV. I might end up just going with the new Mac Mini and make that a home theater device.

15. ajsnow6234 thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't think it's that anyone doesn't get it...it's an obvious let down, I'd be just as upset...I would just get over it quickly. My wife was going to be getting a white one, but just doesn't care that much about a color. For her and I, it's more for the functionality of it, not showing off a color. I don't really think Apple will feel much fall back from this though. A year from now the only people that will mention it is us, their quarterly earnings won't be hurting.

*hoping you all get your white phone very soon!

16. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Yeah if only they would replace that SuperDrive with a bluray drive. I don't really care though I'm just happy I can stick boxee on it and play mkv and everything else osx allows. I'm definitely getting one eventually to replace my wdtv.

17. ajsnow6234 thread starter macrumors 6502

Funny you mention that...I've been waiting to replace my WDTV too. I'd still have love for the WDTV if I had the networked version. I'm getting tired of updating my external.

Blu-Ray----Not going to happen.

18. ttech10 macrumors 6502

You're right OP, this is amusing.

Who over the age of 12 acts like this?

19. sean800 macrumors member

I'M NOT ******* AMUSED. I noticed how at the keynote jobs never really said "hey look at this new shiny white" like you'd expect, so i've came to the conclusion that he ******* knew and he didn't ******* tell us. **** apple.:mad:

20. ajsnow6234 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's unfortunate, but I think a slight majority of current posters are going to be acting and talking like that. It will die down a little after the iPhone actually comes out.

21. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

People wont be amused once they see how fast the iphone will sell out now that there is no white phone in the production run. I see it like this, apple probably planned on say 20-30% of the supply being white. (of course this is just a guess.) Now they don't have this. Bam, there goes a pretty good percent of the supply. :(

22. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Yes, things do happen, but there was absolutely no indication that there would be an issue with one of the colors not being available. If they'd just said, "Hey, eventually it's gonna be available in both white and black, but the the very first preorders will be for black only. White will be available sometime later in the summer," right from the get-go, people would still want to have the white right now but there wouldn't be a feeling that we'd been jobbed (no pun intended) by Apple. Personally, I've been looking forward to getting a white one since the first leaks of it came out; to suddenly find out that I may be able to get it at some indefinite date when I've been psyched to preorder it this morning is a pisser, frankly.

23. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Yeah one can dream though. I bet you could probably get an external one if you need it that bad I don't have the networked wdtv either, but I have hacked firmware running on it that let's you network, but it isn't as reliable as I want it to be when it's playing really high bit rate movies even when connected to a gigabit network. I've been waiting for the Mac mini to get hdmi so I can set the wdtv on fire. I was going to build a pc based htpc, but I like apple osx better and I don't think any htpc I would build would ever come remotely close to being 7.7 in x 7.7 in x 1.4 in. :)

24. ajsnow6234 thread starter macrumors 6502

Boo hoo buddy. Chances are, maybe he did know if it was a production issue. If that was actually the case, they were likely just hoping they could pull through. "**** Apple"? Really...then move on.

25. ajsnow6234 thread starter macrumors 6502

Who knows...maybe the Apple store will come back and it'd be available. probably not ;)