This is between me and you but...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hummer, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

Is it just me or is womens deodarant better than men's? The other day I ran out of deodarant and all I had was a sample stick of secret. The secret by far has kept me dryer than any men's "extreme" deodorant. One application left my pits smelling nice and feeling dry all day while my axe deodorant would be gone after 2 hours and my pits would stink. I think its pitiful that a deodorant advertised for a tough macho working man would be beat by a very feminine advertised womens deodorant.

Now I know how women manage to stay smelling good after strenuous work.

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Folks react differently depending on the ingredients.

In this case, maybe Secret is best for you.

3. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Well, first of all, don't use Axe. :p It smells awful and doesn't work well at all! I find that females actually hate the smell of Axe, and slowly, I've come to hate it too. I do spray it into my shoes occasionally though, but that's from an old can that I haven't used in ages. I won't ever buy it again. Obviously a proper food-odor fighter would be better. :)

4. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Any deodorant that relies on advertising saying it will make women throw themselves at you automatically smells horrible.

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

its the same with womens underwear, nothing beats that shear lacy feeling of nice panties....

Kidding :D

But seriously,thats something I hadn't considered as i get rashes really easily from the strong ass mens deoderant so maybe a go at the gf's ultra-girly strawberry-kiwi scented stuff is in order ... Hmmmmm

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

When I was living in the dorms, they were giving out free samples of Axe to everyone (don't know why, but probably because 3/4 of the campus population are WoW addicts who never shower). Well, anytime one of us farted, the other would spray the room with the Axe we got. Eventually, we figured out that the room smells better if you just let the fart dissipate and don't spray the Axe :D

7. ZenErik macrumors 6502

The scent of Axe lasts about 5 seconds. Regarding cologne, I use Acqua De Gio. Not sure I spelled that right, but I got a huge bottle for about 60 dollars, and it has lasted a good 8 months so far. At this rate, it will last me 10 years, haha. With deodorant, I go with whatever is cheap, antiperspirant, and not a gel. Gel deodorant does NOTHING. I also make sure I completely wash off the deodorant when I take a shower. It's not good to have days or weeks of antiperspirant deodorant stuck on your armpit.

8. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

Ahaha. No kidding. The smell is so suffocating. When I spray it, I open the window as wide as it can go.

9. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Wow, what college do you go to? Never had the problem with people stinking up everywhere when I went to school.

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

University of Missouri-Rolla. I'm guessing you went to college before MMORPGs got really popular then :D

11. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Well, they do say it is "Strong enough for a man..."

12. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Nah, I went to school when WoW came out. Of course maybe everyone at my school was too drunk to notice.

Anyway, I hate the gels because they just make you feel sticky.

13. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Any sort of spray like Axe or some that Old Spice have are terrible. I just use a regular stick of Old Spice as deodorant, and on rare occasion, I will lightly slap on a small amount of whatever nice cologne I have, which at the moment is a new bottle of Hugo Boss I got for Christmas.

14. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Remember Secrets slogan. "Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman."

15. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I keep looking for a decent unscented antiperspirant. It's frustrating to think my Chanel is having to compete with some ****** focus-group approved $3-a-stick scent with a gimmicky name like "cool rush."

16. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Guess it is. ;)

17. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Its vice versa for me...I don't really like the smell of women's deodorant but mens is really nice and works much better for gym!

18. Mushrooshi macrumors regular

I'm a kid, don't need deoderant.

I have HORRIBLE experiences with axe. I never used it, but in middle school everyone would spray it and I swear that every time I got a whiff of the crap I would throw up and cough and wheeze and my eyes would water. Horrible crap.

Came to the point to where 3 kids were conviced I was bulemic.

19. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Didn't you post in thread of your own making that you are 14?

Look kid, don't ever come near me (well, I should be able to smell you in any case). :p;)

20. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

If you're in middle schoool, you need deodorant...

21. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Yeah I started using it when I was 10...

22. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I hate overpowering deodorants. Old spice had a good one, but I can't find it anymore. (can't even remember what it was called)

WTF is up with Old Spice changing ALL their scents like every time I buy a new stick? Every time I go to the store there 5 scents missing, and 5 new ones to replace it. And of course, I always manage to buy the MEGA overpowering rancid one each time.

If I can find my old one that was a "nice compromise" I'm going to buy 200 dollars with, just to be safe.

Naa - maybe he lives somewhere really cold, like Alaska. Or he isn't active enough to break a sweat. Maybe he's just a late bloomer? That said - by 14, I needed it, that's for sure.

23. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

Tell me about it! I don't think I've ever been able to find the same Old Spice stick again. Each time it's a new one!

24. Mushrooshi macrumors regular

Actually, highschool.

But pretty much my puberty is lacking. I pretty much have the build of a 9 year old, and thats due to some delayed hormoenes. I eat like crazy, but my high metabolism keeps me small. I don't even sweat while I play DDR on heavy!

I don't do any physical stuff other than DDR, and I just stay upstairs on my Macbook. And I shower once or twice a day, that including weekends.

EDIT: And I don't have PE.
    EDIT2: And I don't like the cold feeling. It tickles and then annoys me.
    EDIT3: The above is above the feel of a stick
    EDIT4: By stick I meant deoderant.
    EDIT5: Its not really stick shaped more like soaped shape.

25. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

:eek: By god child, drink some whiskey and get some hair on your chest! No, not really. :eek:

Don't worry about it. Everyone develops differently. Just start using deodorant though, because you might not be able to "smell yourself" as it were all the time.