Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
Wow way to be judgmental about how somebody else spends their money (and what they choose to value). :rolleyes:

Is that a new thing? The word value doesn't have much of a meaning these days but paying a higher price for a bracelet just because the links are easily removable is wasting some money, don't you think? i appreciate Apple set the price on these things but justifying the price based on this needless feature is silly.

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Wow, talk about short-sighted! There are a lot of buyers like me who will receive our new SS Watches are home on April 24. There will be no sales assistant involved. Thanks to Apple's brilliant design, I will not have to visit my local jeweler to have the bracelet fitted.

Yeah, I kind-of overlooked the mail-order business. Oops. My bad. Trust Apple to make it so easy a child could do it.

Which brings me neatly onto to something else I was pondering today. Are these pointy little easily-detatched pieces a choking hazard for young children? I read today there are 4,000 cases each year of children swallowing metal charms from charm bracelets. Yikes! :eek: (I found that little nugget on the Internet of course, so YMMV)

----------

I guess I'm glad that the only bracelets I've ever had to change the fit of are Rolexes. There's one screw per link. Back that screw out, and the link comes off. All you need is an eyeglass sized screwdriver.
I can do mine with a bent paperclip. And it's not a cheap-o watch either.

Many years ago it used to be considered "fashionable" to wear your Rolex very loose. Was that a "needs-must" thing, perhaps? And is it still a thing now?

technosix

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2015
West Coast USA
I plan on going into my close and convenient Apple Store just for laughs as I observe the madness that's sure to surround the Apple Watch Demo Table.

History in the making that's not going to involve any of my money. LOL :eek:

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
I plan on going into my close and convenient Apple Store just for laughs as I observe the madness that's sure to surround the Apple Watch Demo Table.

History in the making that's not going to involve any of my money. LOL :eek:
So you are going to spend time at a store where you intend to make no purchase? My time is worth money. It is good to know that yours is not.

fitshaced

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2011
So you are going to spend time at a store where you intend to make no purchase? My time is worth money. It is good to know that yours is not.

Money you will spend on a watch you don't need. How shrewd of you.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Not all money is spent on necessities in life. Whatever your pleasure is spend the money, be it an AppleWatch, Cars, Travel etc. As long as what you spend your money on brings you pleasure and satisfaction its worth it.

chris975d

macrumors 68000
Sep 21, 2008
Georgia, USA
Many years ago it used to be considered "fashionable" to wear your Rolex very loose. Was that a "needs-must" thing, perhaps? And is it still a thing now?

lol. I'm not sure that anyone that actually valued their watch/Rolex ever did that. Just the people wearing them for show or status. Wearing a bracelet so loose it slides around on your arm a lot actually causes bracelet "stretch". The screws/pins holding each link wear prematurely, thinning down in diameter from all the lateral movement. Leads to "slop" in the bracelet. Wearing it loose enough not to put much force on the link screws, but tight enough that the watch itself doesn't move up and down your arm prolongs the life of the bracelet. The general rule is fit it so a pinky finger slides in between the clasp and the underside of your wrist when the watch is on. And regularly clean the watch bracelet (preferably in an ultrasonic cleaner) to get any dirt and grit out of the link screw holes that can also wear down those screws and create play in the bracelet.

michaelsviews

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2007
New England
Give it a couple of years, thinner, better battery, and more money :roll eyes:

Can't wait to see the cluster cluck in the apple stores:apple:

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010

You must be a riot of fun on a day out of a holiday if you are calculating how much money you are not making during those times :D

Ideally, I'd suggest everyone says to Apple they are interested in the Edition watch and goes down to get the "full sales treatment"
Only then will Apple learn how to treat people correctly.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
You must be a riot of fun on a day out of a holiday if you are calculating how much money you are not making during those times :D

You are thinking about people who work for wages. I work on salary. My holidays are paid.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.