Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

classof2011

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2006
Flying with American Airlines
OK, so there's this group of kids that go around talking about upcoming Disney movies and interview the actors. So they went to talk to the animation studio used to create the creatures in "Bridge to Terabithia". The caption was supposed to say:

"weta also designed the creatures in 'the chronicles of narnia: the lion, the witch, & the wardrobe' "

but instead says

"weta also designed the creatures in 'the chronicles of narina: the lion, the witch, & the wardrobe' "

Picture

DSC01553.jpg

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
OK, so there's this group of kids that go around talking about upcoming Disney movies and interview the actors. So they went to talk to the animation studio used to create the creatures in "Bridge to Terabithia". The caption was supposed to say:

"weta also designed the creatures in 'the chronicles of narnia: the lion, the witch, & the wardrobe' "

but instead says

"weta also designed the creatures in 'the chronicles of narina: the lion, the witch, & the wardrobe' "
I wonder how that slipped through.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
if you are referring to the "missing" comma after Witch, technically it is correct grammatically to omit the comma. English, though we're often taught is supposed to have a comma after every successive phrase in a group like that, in reality allows you to say it without the last comma before the "and."

If you're not talking about that then i don't know what you're talking about :)

EDIT: Ah never mind, you pointed it out :p

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
London, UK
At least your brave enough to admit publicly that you want the Disney Channel.

Edit: Oops, I guess I just admited the same thing. Fine, I watch it with my niece from time to time...

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
There are SO many mistakes in closed captions/subtitles that it often makes me wonder if they farm this job out to the lowest bidder in a non-English speaking country.

Last night on "Globe Trekker" they went to to Hearst Castle in San Simian (instead of San Simeon). The thought of a bunch of monkeys running around the castle was somehow amusing to me. This was after a bunch of other obvious mistakes.

B

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
At least your brave enough to admit publicly that you want the Disney Channel.

Edit: Oops, I guess I just admited the same thing. Fine, I watch it with my niece from time to time...

Uh.. Want or Watch?

classof2011 said:

but instead says

Picture

How did YOU catch that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.