This is funny

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2003
Home
i was doing my daily rumour round up on all my favourite rumour sites...then i came acros the new news for macbidouille.....
Just go have a look.....Linky

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Just looks like they slapped on a Microsoft property sticker - which if they were using the G5 to develop XBox games, all the data on the drive would belong to Microsoft, so its not that surprising....

D

Comment

vouder17

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2003
Home
Mr. Anderson said:
Just looks like they slapped on a Microsoft property sticker - which if they were using the G5 to develop XBox games, all the data on the drive would belong to Microsoft, so its not that surprising....

D
But still they are using Apple Powermacs. i would have thought that maybe IBm would've given them something special. If it isnt so surprising then why would Macbidouille question the ligitamacy of the pics...

Comment

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
vouder17 said:
But still they are using Apple Powermacs. i would have thought that maybe IBm would've given them something special. If it isnt so surprising then why would Macbidouille question the ligitamacy of the pics...
its been known that MS uses G5s to work on the next Xbox, the reason i would question the legitamacy of the pictures is because MS is very tight lipped about this, and one worker to took pictures of the G5s being unloaded on the Redmond campus underwent some serious repercussions

Comment

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
vouder17 said:
Microsoft only needed a few computers to develop the Xbox. It would make no economic or business sense for IBM to build what would effectively be a one-off box for Microsoft. You can be assured that these were not Microsoft's only G5's. Neither were they Microsoft's last G5's. In fact, the Redmond Monopoly's current WinXP campaign was done on Macs. The takeaway message is that Microsoft wants its customers to use Windows, but its employees get the best tools for the job.

Comment

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Meh, the takehome is more about Intel than about MS. They're PowerMacs because of what processor they run on. And with respect to the property tags, I also don't find them surprising. It might be more conspicuous if they were big Windows logos over the Apples on the sides of the PM, but... ;)

Comment

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You might want to make the link go directly to the page rather than to the latest news page but I don't know if that's possible.

Anyway, the picture seems really odd. Something definitely wrong there. ;)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.