This is getting pathetic

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AirmanPika, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

For christ sake people you knew Apple would do this. Stop trying to delude yourselves. Apple has every right to lock up the iPhone as much as it wants software wise. They haven't done anything wrong except hurt your feelings. I hate to say it but apple really doesn't care what you think anymore. Grow up and live with it.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Yep, all these threads with one central theme.

How Apple screwed them by not letting them run 3rd party applications and hacks on their phone.

Maybe they would rather have their dumb phones back.

3. zen macrumors 65816

zen

Yeah, it has to be said that if you knowingly do something that voids your warranty, don't complain.

And Apple have actually been pretty good, because they gave a 48-hour warning which they didn't have to do at all.

4. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

I do agree with the threadopener...
    in addition the iphone hackers' community will continue to deliver hacks to make the iphones more powerful (the latest update can be reverted already if I understand correctly). so if you like the hacks you can bet that this probably will be always possible to apply...it's a cat and mouse game actually.

byakuya

5. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

And I got that warning after I unlocked my iPhone! Sorry if I thought Apple would let me clean install like my Mac and the AppleTV does. Now if I was stupid enough to updated to 1.1.1 which I didn't, I would have a voided warranty (I guess I already did) but now I can't switch my iPhone to be virgin 1.1.1 and Apple and ATT sactioned even if I am willing to sign their 2 year contract.

I think this has to do with Apple getting the Wi-Fi store released on time. I think Apple is trying to gaudge the amount of hacked/unlocked iPhones.
    I think Apple whether thru internal policy or popular opinion (bad press) will un-ibrick all iPhones to virgin ATT/Apple 1.1.1

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.