This is going to end badly for apple in the long run

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bababoey14, Jul 2, 2010.

1. bababoey14 macrumors regular

I will wait for the software update but they are putting a band-aid over an abdominal aortic aneurysm that is gushing out blood lol.

I hope apple continues to be faced with litigation and bad press. They need to be brought down few notches. If the reception problems continue after the software update this will not go away....not sure they realize that lol

Save the "just return your phone for a refund" homers.....returning my phone does not address the issue or fix the problem.

2. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

3. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

lol that didn't take long...here's a reminder....

Save the "just return your phone for a refund" homers.....returning my phone does not address the issue or fix the problem.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

How so? Once you returning your phone you'll no longer be experiencing the problems you're experiencing, right?

5. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

i giggled

6. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

If Apple pays the $200 fee to get out my contract with At&t then I agree with what you're saying....if not then you fail as usual.

Let's count the times homers say "just return your phone"....over-under is 20

7. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

They're swimming in billions down in Cupertino buddy, and they've already sold practically 2 million iPhone 4's in a week. Nothing will be bad for them in the long run, especially not some problem that happens to every god damn phone with an internal antenna.

8. phrint macrumors 6502

Neither does bashing Apple and saying they need to be humbled. Apple could give you the finger and still pull in hundreds of millions of dollars a year. Stop bitching and wait for the fix. Every single piece of tech has problems at launch. The iPhone is not the exception to this rule. Just be happy that Apple will fix the problems one way or another as opposed to other companies that just continue to sell junk.

9. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

but he's fighting for those who cannot fight for themselves.

Those too lazy to return their otherwise great phones!
    Those willing to put up with a bug that is very situational and can easily be countered by using a case that you would use to protect your glass-phone anyways!

He's a hero, really

10. faith4more macrumors regular

Hurt them lol. Even after problem was revealed people still lined up for hours to get phone. I watched people push and run to get in line at a store because they were not allowed to line up until a certain time. When that time came people who were hiding in bushes sprinted for the door. In 1 hour there were 1000 people lined up to buy it.

I get much better reception than on my 3g. I can make the bars go down if I hold just right. But the better reception overall easliy makes up for this.

Besides ambulance chasers and people looking to stir up trouble over a $19.99 restock fee that Apple probably will not make anyone pay this is not that big of a deal.

11. TheCheapGeek macrumors 6502

Yes it does, the problem is that your phone doesn't work like you would like it too. Apple is not required to make a phone that suits your needs. Take it back, the phone works perfectly for me.

12. Domino8282 macrumors 6502a

Domino8282

Actually, *you* are my hero for posting this.

13. bababoey14 thread starter macrumors regular

The way I like it too??? Haha stop being so silly people....it's PHONE...that's the most important part...everything else is secondary.

Whether you want to admit it or not...Apple will lose this battle...sure it might be years but they will lose in court and face tons of bad press.

14. phrint macrumors 6502

Troll much? You just joined in June so your intentions are suspect at best. Not really adding any value to the forum now are you?

15. watercrawl macrumors newbie

Copied from AT&T's website. Stop the GD whining everyone. You have 30 DAYS even for the service end from AT&T. If the phone is so GD bad, take it back.

Service Cancellation & Early Termination Fee
    Call the number on your invoice/receipt to cancel your service. You may cancel service within 30 days from the activation date to avoid the applicable early termination fee (the "Early Termination Fee" or "ETF"). If your Service Commitment includes the purchase of certain specified Equipment on or after June 1, 2010, the Early Termination Fee will be $325 minus $10 for each full month of your Service Commitment that you complete. (For a complete list of the specified Equipment, check www.att.com/equipmentETF). Otherwise, your Early Termination Fee will be $150 minus $4 for each full month of your Service Commitment that you complete. You will be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges or other charges through the termination date. You will be responsible for all applicable usage fees, prorated access charges, taxes, surcharges, or other charges through the termination date. AT&T will refund your activation fee, if any, if service is terminated within 3 days of activation.

You may have to return any handsets and accessories purchased with the service before your account will be cancelled. If you are allowed to cancel service within the 30 day return period, but do not return the equipment within the return period, AT&T may charge you an amount equal to or up to the full retail price of the equipment.

If you paid a security deposit, it will take 1 to 2 billing cycles to process the return of the security deposit. The charges for service used on the account before the service termination date will be applied against the security deposit.

16. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If you return your phone within 15 days, perhaps 30, any contract you signed with ATT is nullified and you either have none, or go back to your previous status.

17. army91c macrumors 6502a

You expect the noobie to educate himself? Now that's just crazy thinking.
    Op, there is a very simple solution to your problem. Now, at the risk of being called a "homer", that solution is for you to return the phone. For you to keep a phone that obviously doesn't suit your needs is ignorant. You would rather keep a device that doesn't work for you so you can keep whining about said device than return it and find something that works for you? Pretty stupid if you ask me.
    My i-4 works 100% without issue so what issue needs to be fixed or problem addressed? I have had maybe one dropped call but it was in a spot my 1st gen, 3g and 3gs all lost signal.

SO instead of joining up and acting like billy bad ass, how about you man up and return the phone... if not, you will be prove that you are what I believe you to be now.

18. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Yes they are. Proof positive that nothing beats brilliant marketing, building a cult like following, creating the famous "Apple Tax" and maintaining a laser like focus on profits above anything else.

19. deeddawg macrumors 604

Well, if you'd read your Terms of Service, you'd know you can return your phone and cancel your AT&T service within the first 30 days and go back to how you were before. So there's your first Fail.

When faced with an unsatisfactory product:
    • Returning it for refund and moving on = Win
    • Doing nothing except whining about it like a little girl = Fail

Guess that's 0 for 2 on ya now. Do keep posting to the thread, it'll be fun to see how much more foolish you can make yourself look.

20. Ack macrumors member

Yes, you can return the phone and cancel your AT&T contract within 30 days but here's the thing: Apple has said that the signal strength software update will be released in A FEW WEEKS. This means that most iPhone 4 purchasers who wait for the signal strength update and then find that it doesn't fix the problem will be beyond their 30 day return period and be stuck.

21. watercrawl macrumors newbie

It kills me that people actually think these are the reasons that Apple's products, specifically here the iphone, are so popular. We all have SO MUCH MONEY that we're all willing to waste it on inferior products just to say we have said product. Yeah, that's the reason I'm buying an iphone 4....because I want to waste my money. It's the same reason I bought the 3g before it. It's nice to have folks like yourself around to make sure my intentions are pure and honest to myself....thanks!! :rolleyes:

22. watercrawl macrumors newbie

So....this is going to be life changing for you....return the GD iphone 4 today....wait until the 'fix' (cause it really ain't a fix) is in place and see if the complaints stop. If they do, go back and get your phone back. Holy ***** crap that was hard to figure out.

23. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Did it end badly for BMW when the engines on the E46 Ms started blowing out. Engines! On $60K cars. Or when the HPFPs on the E92 and E93s started going bad after 5000K miles. On $40-60K cars?

I'm pretty sure BMW is still a strong, desired brand and still thought of as a drivers car. These things are annoying to owners, but hiccups to companies.

24. JediZenMaster macrumors 68000

JediZenMaster

This will not end badly for apple at all even though i know certain people would love that because they hate apple.

What will happens is either people will wait for the Fix or return their phones and lots of people still love their iPhones. I think pretty much from what the OP said about apple "Being brought down a few notches" Shows this is about more than just the iPhone.

The OP pretty much want's to see apple go bankrupt or something. Well that's not going to happen as much as some of you would like it. You guys act like your the cream of the crop of apple and they live and die with you.

You forget that the majority of people are not having issues with their phones. Online forums really are not a accurate way to count people having issues. Especially when android trolls will just say they are having an issue