iPod this is going to seem dumb...

spark20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
Okay, so I just got my macbook! (Love it so far, though it's hard to get used to)

And I just purchased and downloaded a television episode on itunes. No matter what I try...it won't play (and yes, I downloaded the latest update). I've tried double clicking, the play button, the play under the controls menu...it doesn't do ANYTHING!

help??

spark20

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
Phil9579 said:
Are you using the latest version of iTunes? (7.0.1)
Yes...it downloaded when I turned it on, before I downloaded the episode...

NeoMac

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2006
I have had two experiences when I have purchased video content from iTunes and I wasn't able to play them. I contacted Apple and they allowed me to re download the files and the played fine after that. I never knew what the issue was but it took care of it.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Someone how I don't think the file has downloaded completely, but perhaps it has. Anyway try opening the actual file in quicktime player.

To do this.
Right-click (or control-click) on the TV file in iTunes from the menu that shows up select "Show in Finder". This will open the folder that has the movie file. Now just double click the movie file and Quicktime player should launch. If the file works, sweet, if it doesn't work then there is something wrong with the file and you might want to delete the file and attempt downloading it again (which is free since you've paid already).

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
n-abounds said:
Restart your mac. That tends to fix a lot of problems.
i agree. that's usually what fixes my problems.

also try making sure you have actually finished the download. in iTunes, go to the "Store" menu (at the top, not in preferences) and click "Check for Purchases".