This is gonna kill me!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ipadfreak, Mar 4, 2011.

1. ipadfreak macrumors regular

Ok, I will be getting the iPad 2 in store. I will be getting in line around 2-2:30 to try and get a 16GB black. The white is cool, but is it feminine? I am just afraid I should get in line earlier, and I dont want to wait 3-4 hours and not get one. But I want it on release day, so ordering is not an option. Any ideas/thoughts? Anybody else feel this way?

2. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

There will be enough stores selling the iPad, that lines might not be as long as we think. The apple store will be the longest of course because the true Apple fanatics will want to buy there for the whole clapping of the hands, cheer for joy, and countdown experience.

3. HXGuy macrumors 68000

You'll be fine...between Wal-Mart, Sam's Club, Best Buy and the Apple Store, I'm thinking the wait won't be longer then 30 minutes, especially at places like Wal-Mart and Sam's Club.

And yes, the White is feminine.

4. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

That's a tough call. Hopefully there will be plenty. Annoying they don't have a pre-order system setup like iPad 1.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Also Apple.com, Verizon.com and BestBuy.com will offer online orders.

Last year for the first iPad I was something like #90 in line (reserved), doors opened at 9am and I was out and in my car by 9:20pm, home by 9:30am. Last year I believe it was only Apple (and possibly Best Buy, I can't remember) that had the iPad for sale, other retailers didn't join until October 2010.

This won't be like the iPhone launch because the iPad doesn't need to be activated through a carrier, just:

-Walk in
    -Say what model and color
    -Pay
    -and out you go.

I think they have it timed to something like 10 minutes per person per employee.

6. ipadfreak thread starter macrumors regular

7. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

maybe there will hardly be any lineups ... this is not as big as past devices coming out

9. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

ovrlrd

For the people who camp out for the entire day waiting to get one, clapping is not really undesirable, and most of them have so much built up anticipation it makes it more exciting.

It's not like they clap for more than a couple minutes right after the launch. They stop as soon as the first batch of customers is inside the store. It's also not just for the customers, but to get the employees motivated considering how long of a day it will be for them selling products and helping people.

10. advan031 macrumors 6502

I don't think they'll run out of stock. I'm coming in just an hour early...lol