This is how expected the airpods to work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Braveheart88, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Braveheart88 macrumors newbie

Hey everybody.. I am addicted to reading this website and finally I have got the "courage" to write something. My first language is not english so sorry in advance for any grammatical mistakes.

I was waiting for the announcement of the new airpods and because apple was planning to move away from the 3.5mm, I imagined that apple would make airpods exactly like they are now, except that they can be connected to the iphone via the lightning connection to charge them. So basically they would work both ways wireless and wired. The airpods are connected using strong magnet to the wire which is connected to the lightning port. When you need to charge your phone you would disconnect them from the phone and from the magnet to get wireless airpods.

The conversion from both connections (wired and wireless) would work very smoothly or "just works".

Anybody thinks if that was implemented it would work?

2. Braveheart88 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is how I was expecting it to be. You charge it on the go from your phone and can be converted to wireless after charging.

Attached Files:

3. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

As much as it would make sense to do that we all know Apple wouldn't for the simple fact of getting away from wires.
    I hate the idea of the earbuds not being attached to each other on most wireless buds now, that's just setting you up to lose one.