This is kind of creepy!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 99MustangGTman, Jan 26, 2009.

1. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

2. bartelby macrumors Core

The picture was enough to make me shiver. I didn't even read the text... :eek:

3. Blakely028 macrumors regular

Blakely028

4. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I see these sort of things once in a while - same format too. It's fake.

5. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

6. schizoidwoman macrumors regular

On top of a steep hill in West Yorkshire.
    For some reason when I looked at that picture, Billie Jean just popped right into my head.

7. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

It can be fake but still creepy. It's certainly creepy to me!

8. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

9. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

The foreground face looks more like a bad rubber mask than a real face... I thought the story would be about a kidnapping with a picture on her cell phone of the event by the purpetrator...

I would probably go insane very quickly if I found a pic like that on a camera in my girls' room...

10. BenEndeem macrumors 6502

How could the 'last one' be the most recent picture? If he took various other pictures that were on the phone's image directory before he fell asleep then why would the last one be more recent, showing him asleep?

The image itself is a tad creepy, but nonetheless easily debunked.

A little logic goes a long way ;) .

11. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I was able to read it first without looking at the picture. The picture sent chills down my spine. Creepy indeed, even if it is fake. :)

12. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Because he didn't take the picture himself, obviously. The person in the left side of the photo took it after he fell asleep. That would have come after all the pictures the boy took himself, making it the most recent.

13. BenEndeem macrumors 6502

But the article says it was the last image the mother found, meaning it would have been taken before the boy's images.

14. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Okay fine. you wanna talk about creepy? Here we go...

A girl is called by her neighbors to watch their 2 young sons while they go out to see a movie and have dinner together. The two kids are in the basement playing with one another. two hours goes by and the mom of the two kids calls the babysitter and asks how the boys are doing. The girl responds "They're doing great! They're so well-mannered." and then the mother says "Where are they now?" and the babysitter replies, "they're sleeping" After their short conversation, the mother hangs up and the babysitter goes in the basement to watch some TV where she sees a life-size clown sitting in a rocking chair.

About another 30-45 minutes goes by and she hears the two boys screaming in fear from their bedroom. The babysitter runs to their room as fast as she can. When she arrives in the boy's room, the two boys tell her they both had a horrible dream about a clown running around their room and jumping on their beds. Just as the two boys finish telling the babysitter about their horrible dream, the mom calls once again to say they're on their way home. While on the phone, the babysitter tells the mom the two boys had their bad dream. The babysitter says "The boys just had a horrible nightmare about a clown terrorizing them in their bedroom. It's probably because you have that life-size clown sitting in your basement" to which the mother replies, "we don't have a life-size toy clown" Panic stricken, the babysitter runs to the basement to look for the toy clown. She can't find it. She then runs to the boys room, bash opens the door and sees the clown jumping on the boy's beds. She screams bloody murder.

15. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

It all depends on how the phone stores the images. My phone, when going through the images lists the oldest image first, of course it looks like it does it via the file name since all pics taken are given the same name plus an incrementing number. Therefore it would be very easy to delete them and have the last image deleted be the most recent.

16. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Hum I think someone would modify that picture and replace it with the "fugly GF with car" photo. That might be even creepier.

17. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

18. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The face looks pretty fake...but it did look a little creepy in my peripheral vision as I tried to read the article without looking.

19. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. This is totally a fake.

21. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

OMG Macrumors members found this on my phone after my lolcat passed out.

Attached Files:

22. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

23. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

Even if it's a real picture, it is incredibly easy to come up with a story to make it seem supernatural. Even a video doesn't prove anything these days (or perhaps it can prove the enduring credulousness of the human species ;)).