Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac OS X Ocelot

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
This whole thread was designed just to churn up controversy. Please don't feed the troll. He's a newbie here and the first thing he does is complain about other people's posts here. If you don't like the type of posts you see in the MR forums, then go somewhere else.

Agreed. But while that's true, this thread has sort of become another discussion (or two) about Stacks.

jbardi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
Apple's way or the highway ..... that is exactly right. You think it is the right way to keep their fans? PC fellows probably claping their hands now.....

Did you not just read what I wrote? I reposted it below:

But I have to say, don't blame apple because you bought leopard... you complain about things having to be their way or the highway, yet you blindly buy their product like a sheep because their Intro movie looked cool on their website. Come on, don't blame them because you had higher expectations for a purchase you are not completely happy with.

armani

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2007
because people would do things that don't look good.

Too bad for these people. But a lot of people have good tastes, not just Apple. It is not for Apple to decide if I want transparent bar or solid, or if I like bright navy blue or pale blue. It is not hardware it is a software. There has to be an option.

jbardi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
Please don't feed the troll.

This whole thread was designed just to churn up controversy. He's a newbie here and the first thing he does is complain about other people's posts here. If you're a newbie here and you don't like the type of posts you see in the MR forums, then go somewhere else.

Newbie huh? I have been reading posts here since 2005, so because I am not a hot-head, full of myself that lives on this board posting till I'm blue in the face I must be classified as a instigator? Hmm, I see one can not decent from the whining children without being given negative monicker.

And if you read my other posts, you can see I was taking part in helping people as well.. so don't start throwing around the TROLL word and step off of your moral high horse.

jbardi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
It is not for Apple to decide if I want transparent bar or solid, or if I like bright navy blue or pale blue. It is not hardware it is a software.

And it is your decision not to buy into their decision... but you did anyway, like a good little sheep, and now you are crying wolf!

You don't like, write your own OS and then you don't have to be stuck with those big bad transparent bars.

hh83917

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2005
The whole post seems to be a preference issue. Some people like the new add-ons in Leopard and some doesn't. People just leave others that disagree with their opinions alone. If you have something to say, go tell Apple directly by filling out the feedback form: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

P.S: I personally found leopard less stable (I saw BBOD several times after my fresh install) than Tiger on my PowerMac G5, but it's Leopard version 1 so I hope they start pushing out some updates soon. Or maybe its my Mac having some issues...

jbardi

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2005
If you have something to say, go tell Apple directly by filling out the feedback form: http://www.apple.com/feedback/

P.S: I personally found leopard less stable (I saw BBOD several times after my fresh install) than Tiger on my PowerMac G5, but it's Leopard version 1 so I hope they start pushing out some updates soon. Or maybe its my Mac having some issues...

Exactly, that is my point... lets focus on fixing BUGS and leave the feature complaints to apple's feedback forms.

ermaher

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2007
Leopard changes

I saw the same whining attitudes in regard to the iphone when Apple was extremely fair in reducing the cost so others can enjoy the benefits. Sure, they make money, but it they didn't we wouldn't have these advances. Until the automotive industry finally were challenged they were making stone age cars. We've just entered a whole new age in technology and the complaining begins. Instead of making yourself such a boil on the back of technology you should have some patience, document the problems and input them to Apple. None of your little irritations are worth making such a fuss. Help technology of get off the train.

Ariez

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2007
Leopard should be a step forward, and even though for the most part it is, there are some things that are a step backwards. Why can someone be critical about it?

Cooknn

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2003
Fort Myers, FL
Please don't feed the troll.

This whole thread was designed just to churn up controversy. He's a newbie here and the first thing he does is complain about other people's posts here. If you're a newbie here and you don't like the type of posts you see in the MR forums, then go somewhere else.
My thoughts exactly. Had it halfway typed, then bailed out.

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
oh this is just to tempting

Freak show announcer voice

"LADY AND GENTLEMEN. Step right up and come look at an Apple Fanboy. Yes that right a TRUE APPLE FAN BOY. This raw specimen worships Apple Computers. He believe Steve Jobs is GOD and anything Apple does as the best move possible. Do anything to say they are wrong and you are in for a show. . Just watch "The new Stacks suck"

Apple fan boy *screaming yell smashing against the cage*

"JUST LISTEN TO THAT RAVING. It is great. OOO here comes the Microsoft bashing. Now oh check out that foaming at the mouth. WOW HE REALLY GOING AT IT. Come on boy You know apple is sucks. HA HA now listen to him scream death threats at me. "

Apple fan boy *Smashing at the cage screaming death threats trying to chew thew the bars*

Now that was great jbardi you are being a classic apple fan boy.

$MacUser$

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2005
Los Angeles
This thread should be deleted. The guy who started this nonsense complains about emotional fodder clogging the forums, and yet goes on to create a post that is the exact incarnation of what he is trying to defeat.

Every time a new OS has come out, people have complained. It's called change, and not everyone embraces it. The people at Apple know what they are doing. In order to keep those stocks high-- to maintain their position as vanguard--they produce cutting edge hardware/software. Some people will need to adjust their esoteric habits to compensate, or stay with the older version, period, end of sentence.

Why complain, especially here? Send Apple a letter. In fact, I'll draft a generic copy, and you can fill in the details.

One Infinite Loop
California

Dear Steve,

(Insert feature here) should have been left in OS 10.5. I really miss it, and its absence impacts my productivity. In fact, my bitterness has driven me to the brink of maddness, to an extent where I thought complaining on internet forums would make my problems go away. However, I've gathered myself and now realize that you're the one I should be writing to, if I expect anything to get done. Therefore, as a loyal customer, I implore you to investigate this issue.

Sincerely,

(Insert Name Here)

jbg232

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2007
I agree with everyone who says that if we want change we have to tell apple. In fact, if you don't like stacks the way it is, please DO tell apple as many of us (me especially) will be very happy. Here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html/

However, there is a difference between the forums and giving feedback to apple. One of the purposes of the forums is to educate other users on things that they may not know i.e. that stacks doesn't work as we thought. This is not always complaining per se but more akin to education of our fellow users who rely on forums for information that is not spun out by the PR department at apple.

While some of it should definitely be taken with a grain of salt and lots of it should be completely avoided under the label of total hyperbole, there are a great majority of posts that exist to educate the public about topics that we were not aware of and help us make our purchasing decisions.

Whereas, on the other hand, giving feedback to apple helps us change the product we may be purchasing to make it more likely that we will a) purchase it and b) be happy with it.

Thus, forums are here to help us decide about the product whereas feedback to apple is there to have us change the product for consumer uses directly. They are mostly separate entities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.