This is one of the best updates yet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by flyguy206, Mar 7, 2012.

1. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

People making threads saying this is a lack luster update are just people that you can't please. And need to get over themselve. apple is on point with this update. In fact this is one of the best updates to an ios device.

2. rman726 macrumors 6502

I agree. I just don't see what else people wanted.
    - The tactile screen? That was pretty unlikely.
    - A Quad-core processor? From what I've seen, the dual-core Snapdragon S4 blows out the Quad-core Tegra 3 in most benchmarks. The only thing the Tegra 3 is better at is the graphics processing. It sounds like the new iPad is going to be a combination of both of those.
    - NFC? Why do I need that?
    - SD Card? Did anyone actual expect that?
    - Better camera? Who cares. It's a tablet. Who owns a tablet that doesn't have a smartphone?
    - Siri? Are people really planning on asking their iPad to do all that stuff?

I mean, what killer features am I missing that would have made this upgrade so much better.

3. berkleeboy210 macrumors 68000

I'm surprised how many people were wanting Siri in this iPad. It's much more practical on the iPhone IMHO.

4. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

100% agree. I've been pining for a retina display on my iPad since the iPhone 4.

5. supervelous macrumors 6502

Totally agree. In fact, the Ipad's lack of resolution in comparison to my Iphone 4 was the #1 reason I hadn't bought an Ipad yet. Just ordered my 1st one, mainly because of retina!

6. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

i am sold on the RETINA DISPLAY alone. Didn't care much for anything else :)

7. SammyDFG macrumors member

I'm more happy with the 1080p recording than the 5mp camera upgrade. Phones will always be better for photos but iPad video recording will be fun with the huge screen.

8. cotak macrumors regular

It really isn't the best one yet.

Look these Apple events are suppose to leave people raving. This one didn't.

I think the iphone 4 event was tons better. Because that device design was revolutionary. It's still one of the best looking phones out there. This iPad isn't exactly new in that aspect.

Another wow was the macbook air. Again doing what haven't been done before in design. This iPad is doing what's already been done.

This is the first launch of a product in the post steve jobs era (4S really don't fully count). And it isn't exactly a good sign of what's to come if they all end up being lukewarm liks this.

9. maclook macrumors 65816

Everybody is raving about the screen. That retina display makes a huge difference on a device for reading books/magazines, viewing photos, internet browsing.

The iPhone 4 was big and the design is beautiful. If I'll knock Apple for anything today, it's for using the practically the same design. I think next year will hold some excitement in terms of design.

10. bjmach macrumors 6502

Well raved me to the tune $540 with tax. Very pleased