This is probably a ***** stupid question but..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mitchrapp, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Mitchrapp macrumors 6502a

Is there an iPad browser where when I see a PDF I can email it to myself, so to use it with iBooks? I'm stumped as how to do that. Thanks.

2. Figbash Acrobat macrumors 6502a

Figbash Acrobat

I believe you can do so with Goodreader. It's a pretty flexible app that essentially let's you not only view, but browse/manage the PDFs, files, etc. on your iPad. But I think you can also now sync PDFs through iTunes. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

3. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

You can add 'g' before your 'http' address in Safari to download pdfs to Goodreader. Then you should be able to attach it to a mail item and email it to yourself.

4. DenniZ macrumors 6502a

To exactly answer your question, iBooks has no support for that type of file yet. Its coming in a update soon though.

5. Arnieaz macrumors member

Oh yes, as of yesterday!
    You can dowload it via GoodReader and then use Goodreader's file management to open (move) it to iBooks.

Works great!

6. Mitchrapp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I remember seeing the g option before but didn't put it to test.

Also, thanks for the other replies as well. Goodreader is certainly handy.

7. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

Once you know the URL of the PDF file (which you can copy from your browser), you can open the file directly in GoodReader by pasting the URL into the "Web Downloads" tab. You can even browse to the file using GoodReader's "Browse the Web" function. Then, if you wanted to view the file in iBooks, you could copy the file using GoodReader's "Manage Files" tab.

8. Mitchrapp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sweet, thank you.

9. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

10. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Just tried the GoodReader method with iLounge's iPad Guide weighing in at 23MB. Slow to open in iBooks but it got there.

11. Mitchrapp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes. The longer I own the iPad, since 4-3, the more I learn how much I can do with it.

iPad ftw.

12. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

I just did the same thing with good reader and it has mucked up my iBooks , the PDF was there but now iBooks opens and there's nothing there and no acces to the store or my library??

13. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Same here - iBooks seemed to freeze a couple of times before I got the pdf to open. I suspect 23MB with a high graphics/images content is a struggle for iBooks.

14. Mitchrapp thread starter macrumors 6502a

After messing with some stuff I decided to not PDF to iBooks. I'll just leave it on GoodReader or iannotate. iBooks is a little buggish right now.

15. testcard macrumors 68030

testcard

Agreed. I deleted the iLounge guide and I'm sticking with the beautifully bound iPad User Guide.

16. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

I reinstalled iBooks and deleted the ilounge PDF, it's way to large for iBooks to handle:eek: