this is probably simple, but

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tvsp, Aug 21, 2013.

1. tvsp macrumors newbie

i tried settings in browser (Firefox 23.0.1) auto fill, clearing cookie, and other steps to fix this that haven't worked.
    once months ago when logging into my gmail acct (on work computer) i accidentally didn't hit tab after entering my gmail acct name before entering my password, so my entered acct (user) name was my gmail address AND password. . now everytime i go to log in again auto fill or something suggests my regular login name plus the password - pretty unsecure for work!!.
    how can i delete the auto fill prompt?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Is there a reset settings on firefox? If not, I would delete the firefox plist file. I think it is called org.mozillafirefox.plist but you may not find it if you do a search so search for just "firefox."

3. tvsp thread starter macrumors newbie

i'll check that out. i need to find out 1st what all will be reset if i do that, so i can go back and re-customize my firefox setting aftrewards.
    thanks

4. tvsp thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried reset & deleting plist & problem still occurs.
    anything else anyone?

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You moved it to trash then emptied the trash? Did you close firefox first?

6. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Possible fix. Hit Shift+Command+Delete with Firefox open. When window opens check the appropriate boxes and then OK. Photo below of window that opens. Hope it works as I have no other suggestions.

Attached Files:

7. tvsp thread starter macrumors newbie

That was it!! cleared form & search & active logins & re logged in. THANKS!!

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Glad to be of help!