Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I have a MBP with the specs below, and I know it's not much, but on the keyboard, it is completely backlit except for the bottom of the spacebar, is that normal?

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
yep, mine is that way

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Normally they put the light below the key so it shows through the clear plastic keys, but since the spacebar doesn't really have clear part to it, it doesnt have light under it; plus how do you miss the spacebar in the dark? ;)

tMac85

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2007
in a great place
I have a MBP with the specs below, and I know it's not much, but on the keyboard, it is completely backlit except for the bottom of the spacebar, is that normal?

you have a GREAT MBP! your specs couldnt be much more, so i dont know why you are saying its not much! You might be talking about the ram, but most only have 2Gb ram and it runs great with it anyway!.

Be Proud!

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
No, don't take it the wrong way. This MBP is wonderful, I wasn't saying the MBP isn't much, I was saying the problem wasn't much. :)

How do I pop off the key?

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Thanks MacDawg for your help, turned out there was a small piece of shrinkwrap or something underneath.

Thank you very helpful!

masse

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2007
MA/GA
a dog? maybe someday you'll be an employee of mine.

maybe someday tech will have a good football team....but not this year either.

mperdun

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Yea.... the key is completely popped up on the left side and lower then the other keys on the right side.

Mine is lower on the right side than other keys too, but not completely popped up on the left. so far no problems with usage though. it just looks funny. Is the key like OFF on the left so that you can see underneath or just a little higher than other keys?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.