This Is Ridiculous

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by itsm3cmg, Jul 29, 2008.

1. itsm3cmg macrumors member

:mad::mad:Ok this is just getting super annoying This is the second time today ( about 11 times total ) that I have to restore my ipod after the 2.0 update. Now I am trying to install an app and it has been sitting on installing for the past 4 hours. Anyone else getting Po'd with 2.0? And on top of all of that my ipod is getting very very hot.:mad::mad:

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

first off, chill. take a break, and come back to it.

with the installing thing, that happens to me too, just let it be, of open up the app store, where it may prompt you for a password, enter it, and they will install

3. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

I don't get why so many people are having problems with the 2.0 software. I've had no hang ups with the software at all and in my opinion is greatly improved over 1.1.4. I've only had 3rd party apps crash a couple of times but that is not Apple's fault, its the developers.

4. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

Once I was able to get the 2.0 update, I have had no problems. Interesting.

5. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

I've had to restore about 5 times so far too, and it takes ages since I have a 32gb with lots of movies and apps and stuff. And since backing up takes hours I rarely do it, so lose all my game data :(

6. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

When you restore, if you keep having problems then make sure the next time you restore you do not restore from a back up, and instead start completely new and fresh. You'll lose all your settings, but sometimes problems persist and live on through your back ups. Then if you still keep having problems after that, I'd contact Apple.

7. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Same here. I wish everyone could agree :-/

8. itsm3cmg thread starter macrumors member

That is pretty much what I have been doing setting it up as a new iPod. But it still keeps happening.:(

9. Heraklitus macrumors member

Im having exactly the same sort of problems and I'm equally annoyed. I'm hoping the next update will resolve some of them.

The crashes always revolve around updating/installing apps.

10. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Yeah same for me its been all fine.

11. itsm3cmg thread starter macrumors member

Yes that is exactly whats happening to me. The I have to put all my music and videos back on which takes forever.:(

12. Michaud68 macrumors member

Mine just keeps going back to the home screen when I am in an app hasn't really bothered me until yeterday when I was playing bejewled and had a really good store and it just went to the home screen :mad: other than that no problems.

13. fake1009 macrumors member

Mine restarts itself like 3 times a day. Wastes my batteries rather quickly not to mention the already short life caused by using apps. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

14. jrnewhouse macrumors member

jrnewhouse

As several others have said, since I upgraded my 32 GB Touch to 2.0 I have had very few problems. Web browsing with Safari works much better and pages load faster than in 1.1.4. I have been able to load and update apps via Wi-Fi, and I rarely get crashes back to the home screen any more. The only app that gives me problems occasionally is AP Mobile News, as it quits once in a while. Make sure you read the reviews on any apps you want to buy to see if the users report any instability. I would avoid those apps until they are updated. I've also found that almost filling your iPod with music and videos seems to increase instability when using certain apps, especially those that use Wi-Fi. I suspect it has something to do with decreased available memory.