This is so annoying!! [glitch with Weather app]

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Krissypantz2828, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Open up your weather stock app and then close it..I cant stand how there is a glitch, like when you close it you can see remnants of it still as it closes!!! Yes I know lots of posts about the transitions. Ive tried restoring every which way and cant get it to stop..so I will just deal with it I guess!

image.png

Its actually P-ing me off! Dont know why it has that effect on me

2. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Closes correctly for me. It is not instant and it isn't supposed to be.

3. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

So you dont see the glitch that I am describing? Great another restore for me!

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Seems like that's by design--it sort of shrinks the app window into the app icon as it closes at which point, at the end of that animation/transition, the app window content disappears.

5. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Open up your other apps, doesnt do it to all of them..atleast Im pretty sure it doesnt!

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

I see it with all the apps. But it's very quick. Are you saying what you have in the screenshot actually shows up on your screen like that for longer than a split-second?

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

The other stock apps are performing in the same manner. It is the design of iOS 7. If you don't like how the iOS stock animations are supposed to be working, restoring your phone isn't going to change it.

8. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

No its a split second but it annoys me really bad..Im really picky about things..its almost like dust particles stuck in the screen-not with this device..I cant handle it lol

By the time its done closing, you actually see like a vertical line going across the icon! Very quickly but still!

9. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Is this the first time you have noticed this? If it bothers you this much, maybe iOS 7 isn't for you.

10. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

I want to be on iOS 7 like the next guy. And yes I honestly think the second time I restored it didnt do this! So your telling me to deal with such a technical glitch/hideous feature or switch iOS's?

11. batting1000 macrumors 604

Why do you feel the need to post a thread every time something pops into your head?

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

That's the new design. Not much you can do, except for perhaps not using iOS 7.

----------

Given how it shows up as part of a shrinking animation (not like some really randomly jumpy thing), and that it's there for a split-second, I don't think you can really call it a glitch or hideous. You can say that it's not a good design, and maybe even a bad design on some level, and certainly more about some sort of imagined version of aesthetics on Apple's part than functionality and usability, but that's really it.

13. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Guess I would be pissed too if I was the only one...

14. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Restore again if you like. You have done the restore thing numerous times. Could it be, that what you are seeing has been there all along, but you focused on it now, because you are being overly critical in assessing the GM for possible problems?

What I was saying was, if what you are seeing continues to occur, it will continue to frustrate you. Do you want the constant frustration? Only you can say.

Take a step back for a while and take the microscope away.

15. AtomicGrog macrumors regular

Cant help but feel that you should be a little more tolerant when playing around with what is in effect a Beta, or alternatively revert back to iOS6.

16. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

K thanks, yah thats what I mean

----------

Its suppose to be a final release! Yes it still has bugs but it should be more polished than that!

17. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

This really should be the only post in the thread.

Calling it a glitch is very disingenuous when you can clearly see what is going on. The entire animation shows exactly what is happening, the apps is closing into the icon. It couldn't be more clear that it isn't a glitch.

18. Krissypantz2828 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

You guys are right, I didnt think before to look a video of how it is on the iPhone5s ... it does the same thing! I guess its a new feature or something!

19. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I'm not seeing this behavior at all. I opened weather, then hit home button and the icon looks normal. No residue.

I updated to iOS 7 using restore then new phone option. No restore from backups after the fact either.

20. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

It's not residue. If you look closely, every stock iOS app closes into the icon, for a split second you can see the app in the icon. It does it for every stock app, weather, messages, etc. It literally lasts a split second, and only while you are exiting the app.

21. imaginex20 macrumors 65816

imaginex20

KrissyPantz, how about you let your device properly sync first then play with the phone. Looks like you just finished restoring your device and in the process of restoring your apps...be patient.

I do not have this problem btw.

22. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I'm not seeing the issue or the problem. I watch it close out and shrink to the icon but it so fast and smooth its not an issue for me.

23. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

24. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

I see no problem at all. Just opened and closed Weather 5 times, animation seems smooth and quick with no odd artifacts.

As always though, complaining on a forum does absolutely nothing to solve the perceived "problem"... Sending feedback to Apple though, that is essentially casting your vote to change the way something behaves. If enough votes are received then Apple will likely take notice and make a change in a future update.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

25. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

I can't even believe people can be this OCD.

It's just the way it fades out