This is some serious BS - "new" apps, eh?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by CaptSaltyJack, Jul 15, 2008.

1. CaptSaltyJack macrumors 6502

The "NEW" category in the App Store (both on iTunes and on the phone) is total BS. There are MUCH newer apps that just came out a day or two ago that aren't displayed there.

Total BS, Apple. Show us the brand new stuff. This also sucks for developers, how are they supposed to get their stuff seen?!

EDIT: Even if you sort by "release date" in iTunes, it's not showing everything. SoGoMo, for example, was released July 6th. Why is it not shown on the "new" list?

2. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Go to the App Store under iTunes, click All iPhone Apps on the left, sort by date released. There.

3. CaptSaltyJack thread starter macrumors 6502

Ahh, that's more like it. Thanks

Now what about on the iPhone? Any way to do that?

4. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Not that I know of, only sorting by 'New'. I noticed as well that 'New' only advertises several official company-made applications, not actually the newest ones! :(

5. elbirth macrumors 65816

sorting by release date in iTunes doesn't always get the job done either. I noticed that there are a few apps that showed up in the last couple days for me that weren't there over the weekend... And they have a listed release date of several days or more ago (so they're placed where they should be as if they were there days ago). So it seems like some are taking longer to propagate to the list.