this is the best camera app in my opinion

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Che Castro, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

Camera Genius

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=304169579&mt=8

i tried them all camera zoom,snapture,clearcam,camerabag

camerabag is a close second, but rarely do i need any special effects for my pics
    so i dont need those other photoshop like camera apps

some of the features of Camera Genius

THIS IS HOW THE DEFAULT CAMERA APP SHOULD BE LIKE

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. scott99 macrumors 6502a

I agree, great app, been having a lot of fun with it. If it had a flash too, it would be a top ten app overall.

3. stevearm macrumors 6502a

The app is indeed great. My only annoyance is the way they sharpen photos for a second after it's been taken, then revert back to the semi-blurry one. It makes it look like the anti-shake works wonders, when actually, the crispness is nowhere near that good

And how do you propose they include a flash when the iPhone itself doesn't have one?

4. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

Agreed, this is exactly how the default camera should be. Love this app so much.

5. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

LOL not real flash but software like flash theres a few cameras in the app store that have this [camera flash], if they can incorporate this into Camera Genius it would be :eek: :)

6. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

7. trihard macrumors member

CameraGenius on the 3GS?

So, 2 questions about this app for those of you with the 3GS:

1) How does the big button work for taking a picture, when on the 3GS touching the screen when taking a picture moves the auto focus? Not sure you want to lose the ability to change the focus to have a big button to take the picture.

2) For those of you who think this should replace the camera app, do you keep both on your homepage? How else do you access the video camera on the 3GS? It would be nice if you could access the video camera from it so you wouldn't need 2 apps.

8. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

I dont have a 3gs, i have a 3g

im sure some here can answer your question :cool:

9. wowipod macrumors regular

1) It doesn't have touch to focus at the moment. I think they will implement it.

2) It smashes the standard camera app when it comes to photo quality so yes I would keep both icons on my homescreen (would cause I don't own a 3GS)

10. Khryz macrumors 6502a

From the reviews on iTunes, it seems that all 3GS owners are reviewing it very badly, but 3G owners give it great reviews. Is this true?

I have a 3G.

11. wowipod macrumors regular

Well for 3G owners I would say it is a must have. It really makes up for the crap camera in the 3G.

12. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

The great thing about this app is that it convert your photos in vector graphics.

(I have a 3GS)

13. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

iPhone 3GS with camera app:

[​IMG]

iPhone 3GS with Genius app:

[​IMG]

14. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've been contemplating an app like this. Thanks to Pika I have autostitch and I had photogene already. The two are out of his world. But I often want to zoom a d I'm glad the OP has a 3G as that's what I have. I think I may download it, thanks for the review. :)

15. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

Everything works fine on my 3GS... I tried:

Anti-shake it works
    Auto focus works
    Iris works
    Zoom works

What is the problem :confused::confused::confused:

16. trihard macrumors member

Pika,

The question is: How does the touch to auto focus on an area work on the 3GS if it is using the touch of the screen (big button) to take the picture? You both can't touch it to set the focus and touch it to take the picture...

Also, you still need the camera app so you can access the video camera. Maybe they will incorporate a link in a future release.

17. trihard macrumors member

Not so much

Ok, I bit the bullet and spend the $.99. It does NOT have the ability to touch the different areas of the screen to change the auto focus like the normal camera has. If you have the big button off, it will auto focus on the center of the display, but touching it elsewhere does nothing.

I Emailed the company asking to fix this in a future update, and also add the ability to access the video camera as that is annoying to have to leave the app to do that. Also, you can only review pictures, you can't delete them.

18. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I just picked up photogene tonight. It's on sale at 66% off. This is a GREAT camera app for sure.

19. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I agree but having used it on my 3G this weekend it seems laggy (camera genius). Photogene rocks.

20. Che Castro thread starter macrumors 603

new version out 1.5

ant to me is still the best :apple:

21. djwindsor macrumors newbie

I have a 3G and based on reading this thread I got the camera genius app and it works great! For what its worth, I rarely rely on iPhone app reviews on iTunes. I don't know what it is, but the reviewers seem to be from another planet. They sound dumb and some of their comments are so ridiculous they border on comedy!

22. omightyisis macrumors newbie

I asked this in another thread, but has anyone here tried Snapture? It's getting such great press, but I can't tell how it's different or better than Camera Genius. Thanks!