Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
This from In-Ear Fetish Review on YouTube. The presenter does not like Apple products but he recommends AirPod 2's. This completely matches my experience, even to the bogus Apple silicon sleeves. I replaced them with Comply foam ear tips. He does not have any other Apple products to test the other functions the H3 processor has. This video is a year old. I wish I had seen it earlier I would have purchased the AirPod Pro 2's sooner than I did. Like the Apple Watch the Pro 2's are a how did I get along without them thing. The Apple Watch, AirPod Pro's with an iPhone, complete what an iPhone can do.

fair warning the presenter is big with F-bombs. 😎

Last edited:

Jutah

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
I love the AirPods Pro 2 but the big big issue is the voice quality during call. The mics don’t work as expected
When you’re outdoor. They pick up everything.

With the voice isolation mode something has improved but we are far from a decent audio.

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
They are a great product, the Bose ultra earbuds are even better. I have both.

Shredder-

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2012
I love the AirPods Pro 2 but the big big issue is the voice quality during call. The mics don’t work as expected
When you’re outdoor. They pick up everything.

With the voice isolation mode something has improved but we are far from a decent audio.
I hate the fact that very few reviews ever talk about mic quality. Let's be real. AirPods (Pro and regular) are great, but mic quality is absolutely horrible

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I hate the fact that very few reviews ever talk about mic quality. Let's be real. AirPods (Pro and regular) are great, but mic quality is absolutely horrible
I get, and make so few voice calls it really isn't and issue. However if you are looking for really good microphones BT style get yourself a FiiO BTR15. I have one and is sounds very good.

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
He’s right about the d**k moves. FLAC annoys me to this day
The way I have always got around the FLAC issue on my iPhones, and before that iPod Touches is the App Equalizer Pro+. It enables FLAC, OGG, Wave, APE, and MP3. I first started to use it when from a PC iTunes finally upgraded into a Cupertino Sauropod sized sidewalk loaf. Your music loads directly as a file independent of iOS's native player. I currently have about 70GB of music file loaded in mine mostly stuff not in Apple Music. A lot of old radio shows.
IMG_9005.jpeg
IMG_9004.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Thomas Davie

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2004
The way I have always got around the FLAC issue on my iPhones, and before that iPod Touches is the App Equalizer Pro+. It enables FLAC, OGG, Wave, APE, and MP3. I first started to use it when from a PC iTunes finally upgraded into a Cupertino Sauropod sized sidewalk loaf. Your music loads directly as a file independent of iOS's native player. I currently have about 70GB of music file loaded in mine mostly stuff not in Apple Music. A lot of old radio shows. View attachment 2362981 View attachment 2362982
Thanks for the review on this inexpensive app. I was looking for something to play my OGG & FLAC Iron Maiden/Opeth songs on my APP2 (had a total of 1 day and they blow away my Sony WF-1000XM3’s in terms of ease of fit, sound qualiy, sonic isolation and external noise reduction).

Tom

Reactions: transmaster

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Equalizer Pro + is a great place to stash your directly ripped CD's. Apple Music catalogs and plays them but if is it already on Apple Music you lose track of your CD. The graphic equalizer on this app is fantastic.

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2004
Equalizer Pro + is a great place to stash your directly ripped CD's. Apple Music catalogs and plays them but if is it already on Apple Music you lose track of your CD. The graphic equalizer on this app is fantastic.
I also noticed you are an old time radio fan; me too. Favourites are Fibber McGee & Molly, The Aldrich Family, Quiet Please, Inner Sanctum, Lights Out and many, many others.

Tom

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Yes I am. Most all of them can be downloaded at the Internet Archive. The Gunsmoke radio series is perhaps the best, but Frontier Gentleman, Frontier Town, and Ft Laramie are right up there. There is one by a crime fighting Diplomat, a mage detective. Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, The Shadow, The Cisco Kid, Hopalong Cassidy, The Lone Ranger. there are the detective series like Boston Blackie. it goes on and on.

Last edited:

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming

transmaster

Contributor
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
I have found these AirPod Pro 2 are so good listening to these old radio shows. The sound isolation they have puts you in the theater of the mind. A nice place to be in todays world.

Thomas Davie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2004
Here is a Radio adaptation of one of the greatest Science Fiction Books that has ever been, A canticle for Leibowitz

Ah, now that one has me excited. I read the book too many years ago. Will check out Gunsmoke. Also remembered Dimension X and X Minus One. A modern radio drama I really like is We're Alive, typical Zombie apocalypse stuff; actually started in May, 2009 before The Walking Dead.

Tom

edit: went and bought Equalizer Pro+

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.